Hey guys, i've been reading here for a long time, never really needed to post since most of you guys know more than me and i've found all answers i needed in searches.

This one, i can't find.

I can't seem to find a usb plug in car charger that will actually charge my n900.
I've tried three, the last of which was this pretty neat looking elago plug in, that looked at home plugged in inside the car.
The first two different ones i had (don't remember brands, but i would recognize them) said they were charging on the phone, but where not, the third, the elago worked on an iphone but not my n900, didn't say it was charging at all.

The kind i'm talking about is just a standard usb plug then i would use my usb to micro usb cable.

I'm touchy about my car stuff so i'd like something that blends in.
What are you guys using that works?
For the record, the phone charges fine on a wall charger or on a usb cable plugged into my computer.

Thanks

Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
Hey guys, i've been reading here for a long time, never really needed to post since most of you guys know more than me and i've found all answers i needed in searches.

This one, i can't find.

I can't seem to find a usb plug in car charger that will actually charge my n900.
I've tried three, the last of which was this pretty neat looking elago plug in, that looked at home plugged in inside the car.
The first two different ones i had (don't remember brands, but i would recognize them) said they were charging on the phone, but where not, the third, the elago worked on an iphone but not my n900, didn't say it was charging at all.

The kind i'm talking about is just a standard usb plug then i would use my usb to micro usb cable.

I'm touchy about my car stuff so i'd like something that blends in.
What are you guys using that works?
For the record, the phone charges fine on a wall charger or on a usb cable plugged into my computer.

Thanks
I sell one, it's combination of wall + car charger, it's modified to charge n900..
http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7107267
(you can see on the video that it does charge n900)
But i live in indonesia so the shipment cost is gonna be pricey lol

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
If you want generic USB port like that I think you need to solder some parts in the connector. There is a big thread in these forums with pics of how to do it.

If you don't mind a dedicated charger, I bought a motorola microusb charger and it works great with my N900. It charges at a higher rate too, which is important. Lots of the generic 500mA usb car chargers don't put out enough power to charge.

This is the one I use:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S5Q9CA

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIO-SUPREME-CA...item27b019e56a

You can`t go wrong with this price for a holder and a charger.This is what I got and it`s much better that the universal ones.The charger is a miss and go (sometimes you have to plug and unplug several times to start charging) but the holder is strong and it doesn`t shake.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think all USB car chargers are working with N900. All the one I bought for my N900 are working

Thanks for the reply's everyone.

I already have a few nokia micro usb car chargers.
2 work, 1 does sometimes and not others.

I wanted the usb so i could charge other items too, just throwing the cables in the armrest.
Various phones, headsets and anything else you can plug into a usb plug.

I'm going to try and find that post where you modify the usb outets, i'll see if i feel comfort with it.

Paul, you really feel that motorola charges faster?
I notice the phone takes longer on my nokia chargers, i guess that could be an option too.

Thanks.