Hey guys
I bought my N900 since 1 month only, still new. I installed the new kernel power then I reflash it with the P 1.3 and it seems it's completed successfully.

but since 2 days I am facing a charging problem. when I charge my phone through the wall charger "Nokia official charger" it charges for 30 min perfectly, orange notification light blinking. suddenly it turns off and remain off. I am not able to boot it up. If i tried to boot it, it will show the Nokia logo with the blue notification light then turn off. I tried everything, removed the battery waited for 10 sec and tried again, but nothing happen still not able to turn my phone on.

the weird thing is that it charge smoothly from USB and turn on, but again if I charge it through the wall it will go off again.

Kernel version: Linux Nokia-N900 2.6.28-omap1

Please HELP!.

Last edited by hatem0; 2011-05-28 at 09:44.

Please guys I wanna help, it's very annoying.

Use another phone(like nokia 5800) to charge your battery. N900 can't charge it's battery when it is empty.

Let me get this right....

Hey guys
I bought my N900 since 1 month only, still new. I installed the new kernel power then I reflash it with the P 1.3 and it seems it's completed successfully.

but since 2 days I am facing a charging problem. when I charge my phone through the wall charger "Nokia official charger" it charges for 30 min perfectly, orange notification light blinking. suddenly it turns off and remain off. I am not able to boot it up. If i tried to boot it, it will show the Nokia logo with the blue notification light then turn off. I tried everything, removed the battery waited for 10 sec and tried again, but nothing happen still not able to turn my phone on.

the weird thing is that it charge smoothly from USB and turn on, but again if I charge it through the wall it will go off again.

Please HELP!.

Seriously? your kernel version isn't kernel power at all. Or maybe try typing uname -r

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
If it charges via USB successfully you may have a faulty wall charger. Try another charger to check if that's the case

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
My N900 doesnt start either if its connected to charger, i guess its more like feature that fault . Mine does charge when turned off but won boot up if charger is still connected. I dont that should it behave that way but it hasnt been problem for just unplug it->boot->plug it back.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Let me get this right....

Hey guys

Please HELP!.

Seriously? your kernel version isn't kernel power at all. Or maybe try typing uname -r
sorry for that mistake but I forget to mention that I uninstall the kernel before reflashing the mobile, because I faced problem with the keyboard backlight when I installed the kernel power.
now after reflashing keyboard backlight is ok now but now problem while charging

Guys I am still facing the problem
where are the expert to guide me and help me!!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestion ??

i sometimes have this problem and to fix it I.

i turn the n900 on with the charger connected and when it gets to the moving black dots after the white nokia screen i quickly pull the charger out untill the pin code screen comes up. the charger can then be re-inserted and my phone boots.

Booting while it connected to the charger also dit not work for me.

But leave on the charger for 5 minutes unplug boot and connect again for the rest off the charge works oke.

Or just feed your phone on time, do not wait till its dead from hunger.