Active Topics

Yo!

Got a fun little problem here with the latest 2007HE.

Up until now, it has done pretty well compared to earlier editions, but now there is a big problem. The onscreen keyboard will no longer appear, well, on the screen. Yesterday, I had set up my old apps and Bluetooth keyboard, and everything worked fine. When I disconnected the keyboard, the onscreen still came up just like normal, just like it should. But, this morning, I open up my 770, and lo'! No more onscreen keyboard. I've mucked around with all the setting, turned off BT, removed keyboard from devices, reset tablet, everything I could thing of. The keyboard is still nowhere to be found, it's just gone

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys!

IDK, don't have a 770, but I would try reconnecting the BT keyboard, type something, and disconnect again. Of course, you likely already tried that...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
I installed the latest 2007HE to my flash. I have OS2006 on my mmc. I had the problem you had with no onscreen keyboard. I had to reboot and I think I got it back. I also had a problem with the memory and it shutdown and my Nokia 770 would not boot up at all. I had to remove the batteries and then restart. Boy was I sweating for a bit. I installed seatbelt and changed the swappiness to 20. Everything has been running great since. I am tempted to put it on the mmc but I will wait a bit. I would also go to control panel and click Text input settings and change the input method to Handwriting recognition and see if you can get the handwriting screen up.

Ah! Thanks, Benson!

Of gone searching through the whole filesystem for some lost config file, reset every setting twice and three times over, and trried everything to figure out how to calll it from a command line... But reconnecting and then properly diconnecting it worked. Apparently, if I shut off my keyboard first without diconnecting, Maemo doesnt realize itś gone, even though I turned blueotth off, even killed the process from xterm, Bug ^^

Thanks a lot.

Heh.
Glad it helped!

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I had this same problem a few weeks ago. By mistake I long-pressed F12 on my Bluetooth keyboard and this shut OS2007HE down. After I turned the 770 back on, the on-screen keyboard was not appearing. This was fixed by reconnecting the BT keyboard and disconnecting it properly.