Notices

Originally Posted by mick3_de View Post
I personally would vote for the startrek communicator badge as icon symbol but maybe you will run also in trouble with this.

For the conversation view I would rather use different colors for the voice input and for Saera's answers to make them better distinguishable. Or the messages could have prefixes as "Me:" and "Saera:" or even avatar/profile pics if you could train Saera to understand different speakers or have several voices in the future.

Maybe there exists already a conversation component in Qt/QML
you can reuse?

Regarding the saera voice have you tried flite for speech output? There was a N900 version some time ago. I think it sounds more natural than espeak as it's based on concatenation instead of formant synthesis.

Best, M.
I've been avoiding QML so far, as it requires even more of a complete restructure of the app than plain QT, but I realize that it won't really run natively on the N9 without it - so that's what I'm concentrating on now. I'm probably going to use two colors for the user and for Saera, and make them themeable.

I downloaded flite and gave it a try. On some words it is much better than espeak, but it seems to stumble over a lot of words that espeak has no problem with (suck as "Tokyo" and most numbers), and I think part of the problem is that it's sort of in the uncanny valley - because it's more human-like, it's flaws are more apparent. There is no flite package for the N9 as far as I can find, so since espeak is working on both platforms I'm considering that a low priority.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mick3_de View Post
FYI, Apple got a "design patent" for the Siri icon/button.
How do people like this one:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
How do people like this one:

Amusing. Innovative. You might as well add sphinx somewhere, but too many details would not be comfortable to look at. Voting 'yes'.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Amusing. Innovative. You might as well add sphinx somewhere, but too many details would not be comfortable to look at. Voting 'yes'.
It's interesting.. BUT I think it's too complex.. need more semplicity, less details, more cleanless!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hi taixzo. 2012 will finish soon .. So we well get saera for n9 after or before ?
thank you for your hard work but its interesting to get it very soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rabah_vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rabah_vip View Post
hi taixzo. 2012 will finish soon .. So we well get saera for n9 after or before ?
thank you for your hard work but its interesting to get it very soon
I still intend to release the N9 version by New Year's Eve. It is pretty much working, but there are a few things I want to fix first.

Some screenshots:

And a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVL14p99MHQ

Colors are just a placeholder right now.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
And a little Google Now-like functionality: the ability to retrieve arbitrary data and answer questions.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the N9 build is here!

This is still a first build, there are bugs to be worked out with recognition accuracy, etc. Also, it might depend on packages that are not in the Nokia repo; if so, please let me know and I'll make a list of them.

And a new theme in progress:

Download:
saera_0.0.1_armel.deb

Happy New Year!

Last edited by taixzo; 2012-12-30 at 07:37.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
taixzo,

The log of the dependencies missing shows the following are required from you:
  • pocketsphinx-utils
  • pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj
  • pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4
  • gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx
  • python-gst0.10

Basically only python-beautifulsoup is available from the repo while python-gst0.10 is available but can't be downloaded maybe due to the repo being down...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Thanks a lot taixzo. Gonna try it Happy new year

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text