Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
That was a great update!

Now I think most people are eagerly waiting for some news on how many backers would be needed to start considering injection molding (as this would surely be what would result in the biggest leap forward in terms of finish) and, if so, if that would allow even thinner design (by reducing wall thickness) or if the limits are the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I would like to know: why did you ask this question? No one knows anything about the Jolla Phone 2 yet... no one's even sure what Jolla *might* have planned for JP2.
Why do you ask a question? To know the answer, of course! Well, I'm not the one who asked, but I guess the asker was hoping Dirk has some inside information. But I guess we'll just have to deal with the uncertainty

Last edited by ssahla; 2014-11-07 at 18:35.

Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Why do yo ask a question? To know the answer, of course! Well, I'm not the one who asked, but I guess the asker was hoping Dirk has some inside information. But I guess we'll just have to deal with the uncertainty
if Dirk has insider info he wouldnt be able to comment because he would be under an NDA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
how many backers would be needed to start considering injection molding
way over 1000. I would love to have a desktop injection molder here and make parts with epoxy molds! But I do not have one, nor the experience, nor the money. And even if I had, I cannot guarantee the resulting part has the required quality and strength.

With the current way we get -in my opinion- a very nice part with -in my opinion- a nice subtle grainy finish, that can be reordered in the future by me or anyone else (#opensource) in case of damage or if someone want another colour.

I guess the asker was hoping Dirk has some inside information.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Just as an outsider (don't have a Jolla and hence sadly not a backer) have you asked for a quote from protomold? They advertise being able to mold even "small" batches.

I'm in no way affiliated with them, just curious.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
I am in for a TOHKBD, too. Like this project very much.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
We are now at 99809 EUR !
Only two more kbd-backers needed to get to 100k...

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Why do you ask a question? To know the answer, of course! Well, I'm not the one who asked, but I guess the asker was hoping Dirk has some inside information. But I guess we'll just have to deal with the uncertainty
So Dirk would reveal very, very unpredictable information (because the JP2 is far from being finished, so who knows what might change with what they know now!) and thus being known as a 'leak' which would hurt his and Jolla's reputation? Yeah, sure, that'll happen. In a parallel universe, perhaps.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
Jolla TOHKBD #765 for Father's Day (in Finland) present - over 100k€ Kickstarter funding reached - 25 Days to go. Backer #764 had the honor to break the 100k goal. Will still get some TOHKBDs soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to apfibox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
€100,000 LEt's PaaaarTy! Party all over the world. Good job everybody! Ok. Friends. Case Closed. Goal reached. I´m out!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-08 at 13:24.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd