Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Seriously, I looked through your profile.
All your posts are just whining and very negative comments about... well, EVERYTHING related to this community.

I even doubt that you own an N900 (or other tablet) or actually seen one.

Please, go and bugger off.
Buy an iPhone 4, and continue your career at Apple's forums. The iPhone fanboys will welcome you and your views about Nokia and its products with open arms!
Would love to but I'm tied to this brick for another 2 years

Also I don't hate the N900, I hate Nokia
If the impossible happens, Nokia actually starts giving a **** about N900/Maemo, and/or Android 2.2+ gets fully ported to this thing, then I'll be a much happier camper

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-06-11 at 12:17. Reason: splitting posts across threads

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Would love to but I'm tied to this brick for another 2 years

Also I don't hate the N900, I hate Nokia
If the impossible happens, Nokia actually starts giving a **** about N900/Maemo, and/or Android 2.2+ gets fully ported to this thing, then I'll be a much happier camper
No, you're not.
Just sell it. You can buy a (used) Android device for the price you fetch for you (used) N900.

Actually, I don't like Androit, nor do I care about it.
Still, if you have nothing constructive to add to this community, then please don't bug us. The community is all about helping each other. I understand that you want to share you opinion with us, and you did more than once. You don't need to repeat yourself any more.

If you are angry with Nokia, whine and complain on their forums. This forum is the home of a community, and it is not read by anyone who makes decisions at Nokia.

Your posts' negativity and criticism are not helping anyone.
If you don't have anything constructive to add to this community, then spend your time with something more useful. You could play a game, do your work, or visit another site.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I hate to say it, but he kind of has a point.

Apple is killing the market with the iPhone or whatever the new device is called and Nokia doesn't even have a public UI out for Meego yet.

And don't tell me that Symbian is somehow going to save them... at the pace Android and hardware are moving these days, its going to be road kill in about 6 months.

Once an OS became available (Android) all sorts of hardware magically appeared. If Nokia isn't careful its going to find itself trailing the hardware and software components of this market !
Save them from what?

Apple?

MeeGo is a whole 'nother animal poised for a whole 'nother world.

I'm thinkin' the iPhone is on the same path that Macintosh was...
Great for new users. Couldn't be beat for niche users that grew around select applications. But, it couldn't handle rapid changes in customer use patterns prompted by shareware that could be developed easily for Windows...

Android? It may be just a means to an advertisers end. Great if you need someone to tell you how white your shirts could be or you judge people by what cigarettes they smoke. But for many in the end, they just wont get no satisfaction.

However, things always change. In just a few years you could be "talking" to more and more inanimate objects that can make your life a whole lot easier if they understood your language.

A chair will still be a chair but a chair your device can "talk" to and share your preferences with will be a whole lot more comfortable.

You will still be able to walk into any local shop and purchase what your heart desires. Be it pizza, shoes, flowers, baked goods, or groceries. But, when you walk into a shop that your device can "talk" to you won't have to wait for the menu to be brought to your table, or be measured for size, or recite the same address you have been sending something to every Mothers day for the past fifteen years.

If you planned ahead your order would be made fresh and ready, if you're following a whim you would know what isle to walk down next, and you wont forget that at home, you're out of butter... I'm just some moke from Po' Bo', PA and I can imagine this. Just think what the really smart dudes are dreaming up.

There is plenty of room for many competitors in this future but when it happens it is going seem like it occurred in less time than a wink of an eye. By then, all current mobile devices will be as quaint as Mac's were to the graduating "Class of '89" who received them as freshmen.

The best way to prepare is to begin.

MeeGo is just one beginning and we are able to watch it as it develops. I am pretty certain others are out there too, with this world being chock full of smart dudes and all... but, why can't we watch as these other beginings develop?

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-06-11 at 00:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
No, you're not.
Just sell it. You can buy a (used) Android device for the price you fetch for you (used) N900.

Actually, I don't like Androit, nor do I care about it.
Still, if you have nothing constructive to add to this community, then please don't bug us. The community is all about helping each other. I understand that you want to share you opinion with us, and you did more than once. You don't need to repeat yourself any more.

If you are angry with Nokia, whine and complain on their forums. This forum is the home of a community, and it is not read by anyone who makes decisions at Nokia.

Your posts' negativity and criticism are not helping anyone.
If you don't have anything constructive to add to this community, then spend your time with something more useful. You could play a game, do your work, or visit another site.
Actually they are helping, as they are deterring potential buyers and hopefully pushing developers to try harder.

If you don't like criticism, tough ****, the world isn't all flowers and candy. I do however give credit where credit is due, even though it is barely done here.

Actually they are helping
No, they're not.

as they are deterring potential buyers
And why is it good for you?
This is your revenge?

and hopefully pushing developers to try harder.
Well, your comments are not addressed to developers in any way, and they shouldn't be.

If you don't like criticism, tough ****, the world isn't all flowers and candy.
I like constructive critcism.
Simple whining like yours is not constructive in any way.

I do however give credit where credit is due
For example?
I've never seen a post from you that gave credit.

even though it is barely done here.
This is plain lying.

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-06-11 at 02:57.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
>> And why is it good for you?
>> This is your revenge?

Look in the mirror - you are 1 sided and fanboyish as you accuse him of being a troll.

If more indepth criticism had been aired out (like it is now) about Nokia's treatment of its customers, then I wont have bought the n900 either.

yes blame us "trolls" for not doing research, but research is no use if customers or those with prior experience of Nokia do not speak up.

You need both sides to a forum, otherwise this place is a cult just like many here accuse the "dumb" Apple fanboys of being.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
>> And why is it good for you?
>> This is your revenge?

Look in the mirror - you are 1 sided and fanboyish as you accuse him of being a troll.

If more indepth criticism had been aired out (like it is now) about Nokia's treatment of its customers, then I wont have bought the n900 either.

yes blame us "trolls" for not doing research, but research is no use if customers or those with prior experience of Nokia do not speak up.

You need both sides to a forum, otherwise this place is a cult just like many here accuse the "dumb" Apple fanboys of being.
It's beyond that. Blaming someone now for not doing their research is lame.

However... This forum was a working forum. It was also a social gathering place for working members. And a learning place for all.

Lately all that can be learned here is that some people have made the wrong choice in purchasing the N900 but some of those same people have hung out in here attempting to make it our freakin' problem.

Guess what? It ain't... get a life why don't ya. This ain't the freakin' lonely hearts club.

Start your own dang Nokia sucks forum and leave this one alone please.

I just attempted to engage some in relevant discussion only to be stepped on by yet another: "No I'm not", "Yes you are", "No I'm not. You are.", "Nah uh, You are."... chicken shyt exchange between what could have been 8 year olds.

Dang it. Anus weasels is what anus weasels does...

Please, can we all just give it a break and ignore this crap or at least attempt to steer the discussion toward something that requires a little more thought.

Nokia may have proven once again how one hand sometimes doesn't know what the other hand is doing. But it's a big company with many different R & D budgets. Hell, prior to the N900 Maemo was run by what seemed to be only 3 or 4 open source enthusiasts from within the corporation. A couple of years before that the server or everything Maemo within Nokia was kept in a freakin' closet running on an old desktop machine as I recall from some of the pictures that were posted here. Meanwhile the Symbian side of the house seemed to have Vice Presidents in charge of specialized details as fine as "look and feel" because there were so many of them.

I almost bought that dang booklet instead of the N900 based on the implication that because it was being released about the same time as MeeGo was announced, that it would eventually run MeeGo.

But that would have been my own doing. I was adding 1 + 1 and coming up with 3. No one here suggested it and nowhere was it mentioned by Nokia that this was its purpose.

But a whole lot of blogs sure implied that it was. Fortunately at the time many of these bloggers were also posting here. Since they were posting in only the general threads and not any of the working threads and because most liked to see their own words in print. An awful lot of BS was generated. I can only imagine how their actual blogs read. Their posts here though soon showed that they were mostly talking out their collective bung holes. It seemed to me like some were running scared from their Symbian blog backgrounds and were looking for a new audience. I believe some may have even been trying to steer their existing audience toward where they thought they should go in the future. And that of course would be reading their blogs.

When I did ask for advice here, I asked working members in working threads. I was only given general guidance to first examine what my needs were right now and to make my decision based on only that and to not try to guesstimate my future needs or the possible future capabilities of a device. It was good advice.

Now if for whatever reason you find that you bought the wrong device for your needs, man up and sell the dang thing. Why would anyone in their right mind continue to berate members or only post negatives in an enthusiasts forum where you would have the best chance of selling it at a decent price?

To warn other potential buyers? Please give me a break, will ya? On an enthusiasts forum that still has active members using 770's? Really?

The other reason I heard was to motivate developers to do better This ain't caddy shack bubba. A former assistant grounds keeper with the right motivation isn't going to come from behind to win the Masters tournament or suttin'
Yeeeesh!

Most new developers enter from the top down. What they see motivates them to drill deeper and to discover more things. It's getting harder and harder for someone new to see anything through all the chicken shyt being tossed around here lately.

SLN member # 009

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
What's it going to take to move past this axle-wrapping?

Agreeing to disagree would be a good start...

Let's get something clear, please. Various viewpoints ARE welcome and indeed as you say necessary for a truly healthy situation of any kind.

But what isn't needed is the sort of juvenile crap-hurling that some offer as devil's advocacy. Constructive criticism is great. Many of us would love to see much, much more of it-- in place of pointless posts that try to pass pithy little comments like "I hate Nokia" off as counterpoint.

So a little more intellectual honesty in the opposition and we'd ALL be happier.

Oh, and back on topic please.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-06-11 at 05:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
About lack of criticism towards Nokia in this forum, it's an interesting topic worth dissecting from the unrelated Booklet topic. If a moderator could move the relevant posts to a new thread under Community that would be useful.

Maybe I'm biased but I think the criticism has always been here and it was even perhaps one of the motivations to create and nurture this forum. Going a bit deeper, the amount of constructive and clever criticism has been probably growing as the user base became bigger, but lately seems to be more and more overshadowed by this style of ranting that doesn't add much and doesn't really help solving things we can solve here.

For instance, people like YoDude or gerbick (and I could name many many more) invest time and brain in posts that you may or may not agree with but they have a point and something that someone at Nokia could learn and act upon... if we would agree on the terms, the timings and the ways.

Just ranting about the same and basic things (e.g. "Nokia should OS A, B, C and display technology X, Y, Z - look what competitors I, II, III are doing") doesn't bring really much.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Okay, this will be my last offtopic reply to this thread.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

Again, I didn't blame anyone for anything.

3rd time, I didn't accuse anyone of anything.
Just read my post again.

Originally Posted by YoDude
Now if for whatever reason you find that you bought the wrong device for your needs, man up and sell the dang thing.
I completely agree.

Originally Posted by YoDude
It's getting harder and harder for someone new to see anything through all the chicken shyt being tossed around here lately.
Well, this bugs me as well - agreed.

Originally Posted by Texrat
Constructive criticism is great. Many of us would love to see much, much more of it-- in place of pointless posts that try to pass pithy little comments like "I hate Nokia" off as counterpoint.

So a little more intellectual honesty in the opposition and we'd ALL be happier.
I agree with that one too!
Thanks for summarizing it, I couldn't have written it better myself.

Originally Posted by qgil
Just ranting about the same and basic things (e.g. "Nokia should OS A, B, C and display technology X, Y, Z - look what competitors I, II, III are doing") doesn't bring really much.
Yes, this was my original point exactly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: