Notices

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Great app thanks, been trying catorise for ages and it just doesnt work, took ages to scroll through everything, your app worked first time and works great, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Thanks for sharing that information with us, amorek13! I'll try installing MyMenu and look into that problem in one of the 1.0+ releases. Though I'm not sure it will be possible (since it seems like deleting those files is the only thing I could do, and I don't want to mess with files created by other applications).

@asyik: Is that the one using the Greek æ in it's name? If so, I hope I'll be able to provide a solution for that soon. Right now ApMeFo doesn't support non-Ascii characters, so I hope this will be fixed once I manage to utilise UTF-8.

Though it could also be because of another bug I just recently learned about when installing Transmission, which for some strange reason doesn't show up in the list, either.

I'll install Maepad once I'm done with the encoding part to see which one of those bugs is keeping people from moving it - will post my results here, then.

@Jezz: Glad you like it! Feel free to add any requests to the list if you find something that could be improved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
@Nathraiben: yep. that's the one.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
1 thing i have noticed (apologies if this has been mentioned, did not check the 12 previous pages for it!) is that the main menu screen, after pressing menu, is scrolled all the way up, so to come out of the menu back to the desktop, i have to scroll all the way to the bottom and tap the empty area, instead of using the top, if that makes sense?

First of all, no reason to apologise - better report bugs twice than never!

But I'm not sure I understood your issue right. If this is about exiting a folder (or, when you're already in the main menu, exiting the menu itself) that has more than 15 entries, you can click at the very top or sides of the screen as indicated by the red frames in this screenshot:

Those areas are rather small, so it can be a bit of a pain (especially when using a silicon case), but sadly the only way to get around this seems to be by putting everything in folders and make sure neither in the main menu, nor within the folders there are ever more than 15 entries.

Did I get this right or were you talking about a different issue?

@all: I'm sorry for the slow progress at the moment, but two of my commercial projects are in a critical phase, so right now I'm a bit burned out when it comes to coding. Can't get myself to work on this for longer than 10min at a time...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Great app thanks, been trying catorise for ages and it just doesnt work, took ages to scroll through everything, your app worked first time and works great, thanks!
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand your criticism of Catorise; and would love to fix it if it's a bug.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
would be nice, plus catoriseGUI is the easy way to move icons
WTF is "CatoriseGUI"? And why haven't I heard about it?! Seems to be a garage project and a package in Extras-devel; but otherwise unmentioned anywhere on the web AFAICT.

Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
Would it be okay to (in case I'll implement some way to add auto-categorisation later) read that file and use it's content?
Of course!

While the custom folders display just fine, some of the applications are duplicated to show both within the folders AND in the main menu.
Are they the catorse-....desktop files; to fix #8328?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand your criticism of Catorise; and would love to fix it if it's a bug.
Just to throw in my own experience: for me the application works like a charm. The only "issue" I have is that quite a couple applications are placed in categories where they simply don't belong.

But to everybody experiencing similar issues: I think it has to be stressed that this is NOT a problem of Catorise but rather of where each developer decides to place their own application in.

WTF is "CatoriseGUI"? And why haven't I heard about it?! Seems to be a garage project and a package in Extras-devel; but otherwise unmentioned anywhere on the web AFAICT.
I didn't try it myself, since I only use well-documented applications that have their own thread here at TMO, myself.

But looking at the author's German website, they have written a very nice tutorial on how to edit the /opt/catorise/menu file in order to get around the misplaced application issue.

I guess CatoriseGUI is just the GUI approach to do the same. Not sure why they didn't announce it yet - maybe because they want to make it more polished before doing so?

In case you want to contact the author, here's their contact details from their website.

Of course!
Thanks!
I think I already have an idea on how to go about this to let people experience both the comfort of Catorise and the freedom of ApMeFo.

Are they the catorse-....desktop files; to fix #8328?
YES! Stupid me, I didn't even think about looking for duplicate .desktop entries.

Once again, thanks so much! Now I can just exclude them in my hildon.menu file in order to make both applications work side by side. So, one no longer has to uninstall Catorise in order to use ApMeFo, making switching between them a matter of just pressing Activate or Deactivate from within ApMeFo.

And it's the final piece to actually make working both of them together something that can be done in one of the versions to come. I'm getting pretty exited now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Can someone tell me the name of the icon that has the folder and the phone?