Notices

Is there an app that will allow me to tweet easily, from the homescreen perhaps?

What are the options?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman View Post
Is there an app that will allow me to tweet easily, from the homescreen perhaps?

What are the options?
Mauku is your closest bet. Not exactly tweeting directly from the home screen though. One click on the widget will open up the program and you can send your tweet from there with just one more click.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
You could also use identi.ca as your "upstream" Microblog and use a Jabber account to receive and send messages (update@identi.ca).

The only problem is that this won't show you the tweets of people you follow on Twitter, just on Identi.ca. Posting works to both services, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pixelpipe can also be used in the same way.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
I read in some blog that Gravity was being port to Maemo, somebody knows if this is true?

Originally Posted by jtcr17 View Post
I read in some blog that Gravity was being port to Maemo, somebody knows if this is true?
As far as I know, someone is sending the Gravity developer an N900 so that he could do it. No one knows if he really IS though.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thp View Post
You could also use identi.ca as your "upstream" Microblog and use a Jabber account to receive and send messages (update@identi.ca).

The only problem is that this won't show you the tweets of people you follow on Twitter, just on Identi.ca. Posting works to both services, though.
There is also a pidgin plugin called microblog-purple and as far as I remember you also receive tweets from the people you follow.
You'll still have to compile it for maemo but I think as this is just a plugin, this should be no problem.

Originally Posted by MrWeasel View Post
There is also a pidgin plugin called microblog-purple and as far as I remember you also receive tweets from the people you follow.
You'll still have to compile it for maemo but I think as this is just a plugin, this should be no problem.
Been there, done that: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=17

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Washington, DC
Honestly, I expect twitter applications to be among the first apps that people start developing once the N900 ships.

The Twitter API is really simple to use (everything is done through HTTP) and it presents a good starting project.

I'm hoping to see a really good "widget" for Twitter, as that's the first thing I'm working on (and nothing would make me happier than to have somebody else make what I want so I don't have to do it myself).

Mauku is already made and comes with a desktop widget as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: