Poll: Which one would you buy?
Poll Options
Which one would you buy?

I don't know about Lumia or WP8, but Android on a Atrix 4G I had for 3 days is WAY WAY SLOWER than my Symbian 808.

Apart from Netflix and full flash I couldn't find a reason to use it.

Build quality was terrible, screen sensivity on the edges was awful, sound awful, camera awful....

Why would you do a poll on a website that is essentially a feeding ground for linux-loving MS hating people? It's like going to a race track and asking if anyone prefers either motorsport or tennis.

I'm happy with my lumia 800. I was also happy with my N900. As long as it makes calls, texts and can go online does it really matter what phone you get nowadays?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Hardware is just a useless brick without software.
That is what people said about Symbian and Maemo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
To me the N9 is not a phone like the N900, its lost its magic.

Its now a smartphone like the SGS i9000, iPhone 4, or HTC HD7.

And because of this I prefer the L920 because of its better size, hardware and ecosystem. Since the price is involved, I can't say. I rather buy neither.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I am currently using Windows 8, and the UI provided me quite significant insight how Modern UI really is, aesthetically pleasing to the.point of distracting and wastage of screen estate. So I probably can't imagine self using windows phone at the moment

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
Why would you do a poll on a website that is essentially a feeding ground for linux-loving MS hating people? It's like going to a race track and asking if anyone prefers either motorsport or tennis.

I'm happy with my lumia 800. I was also happy with my N900. As long as it makes calls, texts and can go online does it really matter what phone you get nowadays?
this poll is much like going to the motor race track and asking about horse racing, its really not that different. Both are phones and allow you to communicate. I just wanted a hardware perspective and comparison of features and not OSs.
plus the poll is not that one sided as i expected.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-10-30 at 23:20.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumia 920 hardware is superior by far to N9. OS is different for sure. I agree that multitasking is lacking on WP7 but I have not played with WP8. I personally dislike N9 display as colors are over saturated and tired my eyes easily

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I have actually considered buying Lumia 920 but after a sometime playing with it...it doesn't really differ from wp7.5. The screen is nice, the body and color is nice but even all that combined can't beat N9.

I would assume that we mostly all agree that the L920 has better hardware specs. And since I already have an N9, I'd hypothetically take the L920 out for a spin.

There is some relevant evidence to consider. First, check out this comparison of WP8 and WP7.5.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...&v=3aY1SNnWk4Q

would say that my N9 is slightly faster than the WP7.5 when booting Facebook (Fmobi), but in all honesty, it is no where near as fast as the WP8 experience. (And forget it if you use the N9 stock Facebook app, LOL)

Notice also that the multitasking experience of WP8 has greatly improved, since you can now leave apps, come back, and the app picks up where you left off and doesn't make you start over like WP7.5 did. Maybe it's not N9-level multitasking, but it's definitely better.

The browsing experience and browsers are clearly superior with the Lumia 920 from what I've seen so far, though N9 is workable.

Skype experience should be clearly superior with the L920. And access to most of the most popular apps is available with that device. I read that M$ has got 45 of the 50 most popular apps in the M$ WP8 app store. Finally, I see a LOT of swipe-y goodness built into the apps that I see running in WP. And I like swipe-y goodness.

So I see the Lumia 920 as a defensible choice, with way better hardware, improved WP software that is somewhat closer to MeeGo performance, and (compared to the lovely N9) has an app availability edge. The only downsides are well known to those in this forum, so I won't repeat them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
As a consumer: i would choose 920
But deep in my heart: N9

The Following User Says Thank You to efion For This Useful Post: