Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
worst part, people hated symbian for folders. now suddeny its the best way to organise. A4 is nothing new. it is not developed by apple either. they way they talk on the video is kinda sad. we should pity them coz they are introduced to technology in 2010.
Folders was wildly popular in the jaibreaking community... thats why it was introduced to stop people from jailbreaking.

A4 is a custom built processor for and according to Apple. Thats pretty cool if you ask me.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
No Wayyy!!! There are things like folders now???? Oh how technology moves so fast! I am soo buying an iPhone just cuz I can make folders!!!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm starting to think the angst towards Apple's marketing is misplaced. People should be more upset with Nokia's lack of marketing in North ans South America as well as Japan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
iphone 4 is great device, don't try compare yet A4 processor not just a word. remember iphone foundation strong then what nokia got. in-term of software, customer service, programming, analysis skill apple better then nokia alot.

n96 - how long does n96 survive? less then a month become junk devices...
n97 - plenty of bugs
n900 - uncompleted device
n8 - soli for that
first meego - how does nokia did to consumer? WONTFIX is their answer

how much they sell? even n8 how great, can beat iphone 4? no way. meego? no way either. nokia dunno how to develop software and customer support

Im with gerbick. Nakia are seriously dragging their heels. If they were smart they would bring out and advertising campaign directly aimed at Apples advertising. As Venemo stated below this would be a brillant add campaign

- Video calling: seriously? It's been around from 2004. --- NAME Nokia phone
- LED backlight: no comment on this one
- Folders for apps: oh nooo... it's been in Symbian, like, from the beginning...? ---- NAME multiple Nokia phones
- Multitasking: looks exactly as it was in S60 back in 2007. At that time, Apple said that multitasking is an unnecessary feature and it's too difficult to use... ---Actually state this and then Name Nokia phone
- All the messaging from multiple contacts in a unified interface: huh, sounds familiar, isn't it? ----Name Nokia phone, hell name all the competition as well that has had this for ages
- 5 MP camera: huh, big deal! It's also been around from 2007 - Name Nokia phone
- 720p video recording: well that's from 2009 _Name Nokia Phone
- LED Flash: again, back to 2007
- Font smoothing: Microsoft has it since 2001.

I actually really like the new iphone look but until i get my hands on it i cant say whether i would get one. That said every time i speak to an iphone user about the new phone i point out all the above and you should see there jaw drop. No one realises all this stuff has been out for ages

The thing that really twists my nips about Apple is all the free promotion they get on national TV. Here in the UK, we're constantly bombarded with 'news' about the latest products from Apple, or being shown a new 'App' on an iPhone like it's a revolution or something.

I don't recall the BBC news channel doing a feature on any other mobile phone launched by any other manufacturer in the last five years, and just look at all the fuss made by them about iPad. I accept that Maemo and N900 is pretty much chicken feed for geeks, but Android is fairly mainstream now, with much more reasonably priced handsets. I don't recall any 'wow look!' features on our news service about the HTC Desire, for example. I don't see any stories on BBC news bigging up the release of the N8 either, building up to fever pitch as the launch date approaches...

The free publicity Apple get from the media is sickening and biased. If the news channels aren't showing stories in equal measures featuring other brands, they should stop advertising Apple products. What are they, BBC or QVC?

Last edited by Andrew_b; 2010-06-09 at 11:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
Lol yeah they are good at copying and stealing ideas from others.. For example check out there official iPhone 4 Ad listen carefully at 1.14...@S$ H0L3S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHngLJ0RlNg
You mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHngLJ0RlNg#t=1m14 ?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm starting to think the angst towards Apple's marketing is misplaced. People should be more upset with Nokia's lack of marketing in North ans South America as well as Japan.
And Europe. Every other handset of note has had tube campaigns (London Underground). N900 may as well not exist! It may not be a mainstream device but my word, what are they thinking?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
sometimes i feel like steve has bit u !! :P

Personally im not a fan of apple, when I see an iphone i just picture another sheep going into the slaughter. (but hey thats my opinion).

But when it come to marketing Apple sure does take the cake.

As Nokia seems to push out a product every week or so and flood the market with their phones, Apple does the opposite (and it really works) they seems to take their time, do alot of market research, product research and really take their time testing out the device before it goes onto the shelves for consumers to purchase. Now im sure that Nokia does this also but nowhere to the extent that Apple has (I mean just look at the outcome of many of Nokia`s products). This is one of the main reasons why Apple is always talked about, always the leader and always in the news. It is also another reason why Apple only needs to bring out one product, because it seems so refined to the market.

Dont think the Iphone4 was made overnight also, they had this baby planned pretty much since the first generation of Iphones came out.

But I still dont feel the Iphone fever.