Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Funny you mention that. When the first pics of it appeared, everyone was like: Noo that cannot be Iphone 4 that is far too ugly. But when announced by Steve everyone was like: Whoa this has to be the prettiest device ever?
You must be mistaken.

When the first images (leaks) of iPhone 4 were distributed, and at the time there wasn't a very strong confirmation that it was Apple's design, I was surprised that many posters here left positive comments about the design.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Apple are just milking it for the last couple of years that they are on top. They can see that Android etc is on the up. I was born in 1975 and have seen numerous brands be the top of what they do for years then vanish into total obscurity. Apple know that people who buy iphones won't, on the whole, look into the background on anything they say. 95% marketing, 5% product. That's how they work.

Funny you mention that. When the first pics of it appeared, everyone was like: Noo that cannot be Iphone 4 that is far too ugly. But when announced by Steve everyone was like: Whoa this has to be the prettiest device ever?
There was a dolly bird just out of camera shot, showing how well the screen works even when poked and swiped with the largest of appendages.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary

Compare it to N900...

Maybe you got fake image about iPhone 4 so!
Apple designs only stylish devices.

All of you can give up degrading Apple. The chance is opened for Nokia and it was always, but Nokia could not get success with it!

I will pray for more sunshine to Nokia Finland to open their gray mind!

OT i know, but i cant help it..
Originally Posted by taril View Post

no offense, I guess your quote made some sense in hungarian, because it sure doesnt in English. Somethings lost in translation i guess...

back on topic, if you are an apple fan, none of this applegate talk will matter to you. If you are a nokia fan, none of this applegate talk matters to you either.
Everyone knows the only issue is that signal attenuation happens across every device, just not to the level shown by the iphone 4.

Nobody is getting angered or excited by the fact that the Apple team prefers to talk about other devices instead of their own other than fanboy's of either product.

Apple will still sell, so will Nokia.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
"Apple Unbiased Mobile Antenna Testing inc"
Dozens of engineers in Cupertino are just holding competing phones and trying to find a way to hold them which drops bars.

Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Originally Posted by taril View Post

Compare it to N900...

Maybe you got fake image about iPhone 4 so!
Apple designs only stylish devices.

All of you can give up degrading Apple. The chance is opened for Nokia and it was always, but Nokia could not get success with it!

You really haven't got the gist of this, have you?

What you are saying is:
1) You'd be happy to walk around all day with a dummy display model, just because it looks nice.

2) Here's a picture of a $1million bill

Wow!!!! Looks sweet, yeah? You can't do anything with it, but it looks sweet.

3) I have the most gorgeous looking wife in the World. She doesn't do anything, just sits on her butt all day. And when I put my arms round her she complains of a headache. But my buddies are soooo jealous of me I think

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Just found out that N97 mini reduces antenna power when battery charge gets low. As you can see from the video, battery indicator has only one bar... Nice work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
They are using a 10-12 month-ish old phone as an example to make a point regarding a flaw against their latest device with the same flaw.
I mean don't they learn from other companies mistakes on their flagship devices so they can make a more perfect device.

And saying the N97 mini has a flaw, as mentioned before it only dropped to 2 bars and still kept its 3g signal so it wasn't all that bad.

Am i right in saying that the iphone 4 has been recalled due to this issue??

Originally Posted by naabi View Post
Just found out that N97 mini reduces antenna power when battery charge gets low. As you can see from the video, battery indicator has only one bar... Nice work.
Ah, you found the hidden feature of Nokia phones.

Nokia have a trick whereby if you have a less than favourable signal, it will use some power from the battery to boost the reception, if there's enough battery power to do that.

It's this bit of technology that Nokia filed a lawsuit against apple for, I believe. Allegedly they used it in the 3GS without Nokia's permission.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
finger pointing, wasnt me