Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
That because you're MohammadAG!! Of course it went smoothly for you, you're half-human, half-Nokia!!

I think it's because they're rolling it out country by country. You're in Israel I think if memory serves, so you guys have it before us in Yankee Land.

Side note: I do like fMobi on the E7, but REALLY miss Sociality. Any chance that could be coming S^3 way? Cheers

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Dude, seek out 'jbak taskman' It makes ANY symbian multitask like a mother fVcker.

Once you get used to symbian/maemo multitasking (real task swapping) you realise how shite android/ios really are. Give me a symbian over a droid/ibawbag anyday.
Nice. My friend showed me his 'Thunderbolt' the other day, like he was showing me a photo of his new girlfriend who was Megan Fox (naked).
Unfortunately for him the thing eats battery in 3 hours when on 4G so he's turned that feature off. Also can't multitask without having an epileptic fit. I showed him how the N900 does it. He nearly cried.

Why can't Nokia let the S^3 phones multitask in the same way, rather than the annoying horizontal scrolling list? Has it something to do with the Symbian homescreen being completely different to the hildon homescreen of Maemo5?

Is that jbak taskman thing safe? It looks like something my brother made on his Commodore 64!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I don't understand you americans. You will be among the first to have WP.
I don't understand you Europeans. You will be among the first to have the Nokia N9 if you're in a smaller market like Kazakhstan or perhaps Luxembourg. You want to be treated like first class customers with your Euros, Greek bailouts and VAT tax.

I mean... stop your whining. Sheesh. It's like you think it's Eurotopia or something with your funny colored and hard to counterfeit money.

This spoof post was brought to you by the letter F and U. Seriously dude, if it were a Nokia update, most Americans wouldn't know nor care for it anyway. Use logic for once.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I don't understand you Europeans. You will be among the first to have the Nokia N9 if you're in a smaller market like Kazakhstan or perhaps Luxembourg. You want to be treated like first class customers with your Euros, Greek bailouts and VAT tax.

I mean... stop your whining. Sheesh. It's like you think it's Eurotopia or something with your funny colored and hard to counterfeit money.

This spoof post was brought to you by the letter F and U. Seriously dude, if it were a Nokia update, most Americans wouldn't know nor care for it anyway. Use logic for once.
I'm glad I'm neither one.
Not obnoxious like one, and not whining like the other.
And I still get the short end of the stick

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I got sick of waiting for the update and the small screen and slow processor of the N8 so I gave it to my friend and he gave it to his girlfriend. And I got a dual core LG G2X. I'm happy with it. It gets compared to the SGS 2 alot.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010

Logic is over hyped by the looks of it. I guess there is something wrong with me, I never have any problems updating anything. I guess the average update process for the average dude of for instance a Windows service pack goes like this: God, this take a looong time, I'm gonna brows the web while updating, hmm a new flash, I'm gonna update that also, and play some web games, and install a new printer. Christ this PC is slow, I need to run a span cleaner as well, and there are probably lots of viruses, so I must run a check with both of my anti-virus programs - at the same time. Then, when BSoD inevitably enters it becomes oh so obvious that Microsoft sucks.

Updating Symbian is similar. I mean, why remove all the crap ware that has filled up the drive, hacked icons and themes that never worked correct in the first place, when you can have fun cursing Nokia for not even being able to make that fvcking Anna install properly?

Apple has solved all this. The solution is called no brain - no head ache.

Its a nice update, running fine on my e7 now (browser is still not good enough though). But Belle is what I'm really waiting for - at least based on the videos it seems to squeeze much more performance out from this aging hw (how much more it squeezes out from the battery remains to be seen..).

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Is that jbak taskman thing safe? It looks like something my brother made on his Commodore 64!
i don't know what you mean by "safe" but i've been using the jbak taskman on my E51 and it's great. not sure about how it is on touchscreen phones though.

Let's not forget rioting and looting! I read one BBC report that said a mobile phone shop was broken into and EVERY single device was stolen. Time to look on ebay fo a cheap HTC Cha Cha? (I kid)

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I read one BBC report that said a mobile phone shop was broken into and EVERY single device was stolen.
Not quite true. They left all the N97s behind.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia, symbian anna