Active Topics

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
How did you download that flv..?
Using Orbit Downloader. Here is Mediafire link, for those interested
I didn't get it to play using Media Player Classic HC, so I'm not sure whether this is a right video or not,

Last edited by Kozzi; 2009-09-04 at 20:16. Reason: add download link.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
in the end he says something about digital compass!!!!!!!!!! 6:15... he woulnd't mention it, if it wasn't in there...

edit: i don't want to sleep anymore before i can have it in my hands!!!1 ;-)
He also says it has 1 GB of RAM...

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Is there any truth to this compass business? I don't recall seeing it in the specs, but it may have been revealed in early fremantle builds.

}:^]~

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
He also says it has 1 GB of RAM...
it DOES have 1GB of ram^^ 256mb ram and something about 700mb virtual ram^^

i've downloaded it also with orbit. can't open it. tried to upload to youtube. youtube says the format is not supported...

it DOES have 1GB of ram^^ 256mb ram and something about 700mb virtual ram^^

i've downloaded it also with orbit. can't open it. tried to upload to youtube. youtube says the format is not supported...
No it doesn't, it has 256 MB of RAM and a 768 MB swap partition.

Edit: he specifically did not say 1 GB virtual memory, he said RAM.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
No it doesn't, it has 256 MB of RAM and a 768 MB swap partition.

Edit: he specifically did not say 1 GB virtual memory, he said RAM.
as i said... xD: 256mb ram and something about 700mb virtual ram^^

edit: on every nokia site it is listed with 1GB ram. although it's only 256mb ram and 768mb virtual (swap) ram. so that he says, that it does have 1gb of ram is not a reason to say that it doesn't have a digital compass...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2009-09-04 at 20:35.

There're A LOT apps ready for download in the app manager...

as i said... xD: 256mb ram and something about 700mb virtual ram^^

edit: on every nokia site it is listed with 1GB ram. although it's only 256mb ram and 768mb virtual (swap) ram. so that he says, that it does have 1gb of ram is not a reason to say that it doesn't have a digital compass...
maemo.nokia.com: "Up to 1 GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)". Yes, RAM just means Random Access Memory, and that could technically be anything, but it is not used when talking about swap.

I agree it doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be wrong about both features, but it does mean we should take his understanding of things with a grain of salt.

Note that my quote is also wrong in another way. The correct specs are 1 GB virtual memory, 256 MB RAM, 768 MB swap.

I have read about the digital compass from other sources on internet, and other vids. However we canīt be sure until someone actually tried it.

And that is strange to me, i mean for 2 days people visiting nokia world have gotten plenty of time to play with the n900. However almost 90 % of all videos alway shows the same stuff. (desktop, multi-T,video playback and so forth) I hope a "real" techie gets some hands on time with it soon.! We need answers!

Originally Posted by Matic View Post
And that is strange to me, i mean for 2 days people visiting nokia world have gotten plenty of time to play with the n900. However almost 90 % of all videos alway shows the same stuff. (desktop, multi-T,video playback and so forth) I hope a "real" techie gets some hands on time with it soon.! We need answers!
Obviously the reporters should be better at it, but when I tried out the N900 I couldn't come up with anything smart to do and just did what we've seen in the videos. Something about the pressure of being in a hurry and not really being familiar with the UI messes with your head.