Active Topics

Speaking of fire trucks.. I hate how they changed them to Yellow in the U.S. (it's easier to see though and sticks out more). But I miss those old red fire trucks (still a few in service but they're gradually being replaced).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yeah, yellow looks like a school bus.

And you really think yellow stands out more? Maybe it's a regional thing-- too much yellow used in architecture here. Red would be better IMO.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
No, you can't. Try it.
It's acutally Ctrl+[ (left open bracket). Been using it for years - always seemed odd that an editor designed to leave your fingers on the home keys would make you reach for the Esc key all the time. Also, back in the day Sun/DEC/HP/SGI sometimes had different ideas about Esc key placement.

OK, my geekiness is scaring even me now. Time to get back to work.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Way back in February, a Russian journalist described a task switcher that sounds a lot like what I think the Fremantle task switcher will look like:

way back in february, i created and showed a task switcher which does exactly that. for n810

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Speaking of fire trucks.. I hate how they changed them to Yellow in the U.S. (it's easier to see though and sticks out more).
They have yellow fire trucks now?

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
They have yellow fire trucks now?

For real? We just had some swing by the office yesterday for a "fire" and they were red. Pretty easy to see in the dry brown ladscape of Denver, CO.

Originally Posted by inghamc View Post
It's acutally Ctrl+[ (left open bracket). Been using it for years
Me too. Show me the [ key on the RX-51 and I'll use it ;-)

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Speaking of fire trucks.. I hate how they changed them to Yellow in the U.S. (it's easier to see though and sticks out more). But I miss those old red fire trucks (still a few in service but they're gradually being replaced).
There is no required color for emergency vehicles in the US. There may be state requirements in some places which require specific colors or specific light colors. In general each squad/ or local government is able to choose their colors. Around here (Near Chicago), most fire trucks are still various shades of red, ambulances vary from yellow, to blue, orange, red, and white, and police cars can be just about any color whether marked or unmarked. Lights for Firetrucks and EMS are typically either only red, or red and blue and Police are typically red and blue except in Chicago proper where they are only blue.

Tags
fremantle, iphone killer, n900, rover, rx-51