Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
My Jolla has been stolen and I'm looking for a way to report IMEI number to the police. There is one chance among millions that it will be back to me, but I'd like to try it.

But I'm unable to find that single document, as an invoice, which links my name (and ID number) with my (ex)handset's IMEI.

There is this "packing list" which vaguely includes those items (IMEI is referred as "SerialNumber"), but it's hard to guess this is related to a phone: "item description" is "White 16GB EU".

I can't remember if there was something more accurate.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Dont know is it enough but on your Jolla account page, there is also IMEI numbers. accounts.jolla.com

Yep, I know it, thanks. But I guess a printed screenshot is even worse than a packing list.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
How did you buy your phone?
I think you can try to get in contact with Jolla and ask them a receipt that states that Mr. mced has bought in date DD-MM-YYYY a mobile phone with device IMEI xxxxxxxxxx.

Pre-order, as many people here.

That will be the obvious solution at the end, but what I was trying is know if I *already have* that receipt. OK, I'm a hopeless messy guy, unable to find a simple USB charger at home in less than an hour.

So, everybody here who got a Jolla by pre-order has to own same package and same documents.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I think jolla should create tracking and remote control services for registered devices on account page. After stealing can block all jolla services or lock device itself and provide remote tracking on map

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
I think jolla should create tracking and remote control services for registered devices on account page. After stealing can block all jolla services or lock device itself and provide remote tracking on map
To my knowledge, they are working on it.
In the meantime, use prey

https://openrepos.net/content/nieldk/prey

and prey-ui by solbrit to control by GUI

https://openrepos.net/content/solbrit/preyui

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
well, you know what i'm talking about, and it won't work if not built to system

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
well, you know what i'm talking about, and it won't work if not built to system
It will work, if users install pronto!
Oh! And please, do set a lock code to be more sure that it wont be disabled by thiefes.