Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If it can't do multitasks then it is not N900 simple way to say it.

1. Multi-task
2. 5Mpx Camera with dual LED
3. Back of the slide should say Designed in FInland, Cortex-A8 32GB
3. 181grams in weight,
4. Micro USB,
5. 2 sensors on the left and right side of the front Camera
6. N900 text should be in crome light reflective
7. OS should not be Portrait
8. Settings->About: should say Maemo 5
9. Infrared port on the right side of the camera button.
10. 4 home screens

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
We need to get something straight here. The OP bought from Ebay and NOT from the site mentioned http://www.technowae.com/2010/04/che...d-dual-camera/

So any description on the above site is of no concern. The site is irrelevant.
The OP bought from ebay and we don't know what the ad said.
Clear now?

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
My advice to you is don't wait any longer.

1. Pester Paypal because they might dismiss you due to their 30 day rule.
2. Check the original ad (on ebay) and make sure that he mentions the word: "Nokia N900". "Genuine Nokia N900" is better. Point this out to them. If Nokia isn't mentioned at all in the ad, hope that paypal don't realise this. They might dismiss you for that too.
3. The best deal you can get is getting a refund, but they will probably make you pay for return postage..the bastards. You can contest this, but if it's not too much, I wouldn't argue with the decision. Losing 20 USD is better than losing 650 USD.
4. Is there anyone near you that owns or sells a real N900? Try to take side-by-side photos. Link also to the original User Manual. This page shows some screenshots from a trusted source: http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...ersonalisation

Good luck. Next time never buy from China sellers. No offence to Chinese guys, but you do tend to sell fakes. I got a fake 32GB pen drive from there . They wanted me to return it as a registered packet. I decided to keep it. Not worth the return postage.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Why are you all humoring him with tests to see if it's a real N900? It's NOT.

If you got it from eBay, contact eBay and PayPal and say you were put under the impression that it was a genuine N900. It has Nokia splashed all over it. You didn't research or look very hard.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2010-06-16 at 22:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The phone is DUAL SIMS!!
Common! No Nokia is made with DUAL SIM lol.
Provide the link to Ebay and I'll light up his mistakes. It's only 112Bucks, if it is too good to be true, then it may not true.
He said he bought it off ebay for USD650.

Let's hold off the scorning til we see what the Ebay page looks like, hmm? Maybe the seller misrepresented the item in some ways that was not obvious. Anyway, this doesn't help anyone...

He already KNOWS it's not original. What he's ASKING FOR HERE is some proof that Paypal would accept, for the claim procedure. Formalities.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I've seen these -- they are by "NOKLA" not "NOKIA" (L instead of i, but in some fonts they look the same!). Pretty fancy.

hi
did you try if you can make a call using the phone? if so, then its unique IMEI should indicate that it is not a nokia product. hope i am right in my assumption

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Poor guy...
All the fakes I saw (even when pages stated real) were under $250.

what i meant is that using Carphone Warehouse website should enable you to put your phone IMEI and it will indicate what make it is, which should convince Paypal that it is not a nokia product

this scares me a lot. I am looking on ebay as we speak for a used n900.
I already payed $300 a few weeks ago (on craigslist) for a kindle dx that was turned off by amazon a day after I began using it. they said the owner (presumably the guy who sold it to me) got a replacment and called the one I got out as stolen.

so I am very afraid to take the n900 plunge now