Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ClockworkCar View Post

I'd also like to echo ascherjim's request to re-label 'songs' to 'tracks' as I too have quite a mix of audio media such as audiobooks and ambient pieces that aren't really songs per se...
In the event that this is currently being perceived as not a matter of sufficient concern to most of the Kagu users for the developers to deal with at this time -- as a short-run solution for those of us bothered by the matter, can you inform ClockworkCar and me whether there are any Kagu files on our N800's that we can edit, replacing the word "songs" with "tracks?" Thanks and regards, Jim

The Following User Says Thank You to ascherjim For This Useful Post:
Any news on bookmarking? Would really simplify listening to audiobooks. Thanks for a great app!!!

After upgrading from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10, I found that Kagu would stop after playing just the first track from my playlist. Is anyone else seeing this? It may be relevant that all my tracks are Ogg Vorbis.

So, to be precise, if I:
- start Kagu with an empty playlist (because I cleared it before quitting the previous time)
- go into an album
- press the button to add all tracks to the playlist,
then in 1.0.9, Kagu played all the album tracks in sequence; in 1.0.10, it plays the first, then silence.

Perhaps I'm missing some new option in the UI?

- Neil

Strange, but this happened to me too.

I added a few MP3 songs and Ogg (i have both in mt card) and while the songs skipped properly for the mp3's some of the OGG files played, and few just did not.

I remember when I ripped the songs, that I didnt start the song from the blank silence portion - rather the song starts off with a sound bit (at the 0 track location). Might that be the problem ?

Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
In the event that this is currently being perceived as not a matter of sufficient concern to most of the Kagu users for the developers to deal with at this time -- as a short-run solution for those of us bothered by the matter, can you inform ClockworkCar and me whether there are any Kagu files on our N800's that we can edit, replacing the word "songs" with "tracks?" Thanks and regards, Jim
I wouldn't exactly label it as "urgent", but yeah, we've taken action on it. See this commit for what changed: http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/changeset/750

It'll be in the next release.

Originally Posted by neiljerram View Post
After upgrading from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10, I found that Kagu would stop after playing just the first track from my playlist. Is anyone else seeing this? It may be relevant that all my tracks are Ogg Vorbis.

So, to be precise, if I:
- start Kagu with an empty playlist (because I cleared it before quitting the previous time)
- go into an album
- press the button to add all tracks to the playlist,
then in 1.0.9, Kagu played all the album tracks in sequence; in 1.0.10, it plays the first, then silence.

Perhaps I'm missing some new option in the UI?

- Neil
Erg. no, doesn't happen to me. try power cycling the device with the battery taken out. If that doesn't help, send us a few audio samples or something. Doesn't match anything I've seen yet.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
I wouldn't exactly label it as "urgent", but yeah, we've taken action on it. See this commit for what changed: http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/changeset/750

It'll be in the next release.
Great! Thanks and regards, Jim

Hey, I wrote a blog entry talking about Kagu, myself, and Kagu's possible future, if anyone is interested: http://trevarthan.blogspot.com/2007/...nd-future.html

Your install file is broken: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/r...et_installfile

There's a typo in the uri.

Same goes for the 2008 version (repostory rather than repository in both cases). I've not tried the os2006 version.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
Hey, I wrote a blog entry talking about Kagu, myself, and Kagu's possible future, if anyone is interested: http://trevarthan.blogspot.com/2007/...nd-future.html
Trevarthan (and Associates): I am concerned that you all currently are running out of steam and, in addition, perhaps relatedly, have resigned yourselves to giving up the N800 (and N810) media player field to the upcoming new version of Canola. If this is so, I (and perhaps a good number of others) find it quite upsetting. You have such a good product (of course, not without flaws) with excellent features, which could be significantly improved with probably not too much further application on your parts. (Easy for me to say, of course!)

My frustrations are over my current inabilities to edit and organize my album texts and playlists. Your organizing and listings of albums are apparently so dependent on initial id tags, which often result in seemingly arbitrary listings and itemizations. The "genre" addition to your last update is for me a disaster, as the genres accompanying albums are frequently illogical and thus contribute to rather useless genre categorizations, i.e., "Classical" and Classique" depending on the country and language of the album's origin.

In order to edit the id tags in an attempt to bring some order and rationalization to the Kagu listings, one has to go to external id tag editing applications, which for me are not all that user-friendly. And even then such editings are not always accurately picked up in the Kagu rescanning process. (And my genre renamings are never picked up.) Where there are inconsistencies in the album listings, I have attempted to create playlists which would compensate for these inconsistencies. But while I can edit the names of individual playlists by going into the MyDocs/.sounds directory, if I try to reorganize them by placing them in sub-directories under different genre categories, the Kagu scanning process apparently fails to pick-up these genre sub-categories, which results in Kagu crashing when I attempt to use the Playlist designated listing from within Kagu.

I do not wish you to regard the above "flaws" I am identifying in the current Kagu application as a total dissatisfaction with Kagu on my part. You have been able to make incremental changes in the past which have always resulted in significant improvements. I believe that the items I identify above, which I would like to see dealt with in future versions, are those which can readily be accommodated.

My best wishes for the future are with you all, as is my continuing appreciation for your fine product.