Thanks anyway Capt'n Corrupt. I'll be sure to post here if/when I do.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Quick question for the experienced Android users. I have an android device I don't often use but thought I should start using more often. I transferred my contacts to it recently, however I cannot add the contacts into groups. I've noticed that if the contact is on my google mail account I can. Does anybody know how to either send all phone contacts to the google contacts account or how to add groups without needing to do so?
You could try going to https://www.google.com/contacts... If you click on the 'More' drop-down, you also have tools for import, export, printing, merging duplicates, etc. Generally, this site will help you import and organize everything easily via browser. Once you've done that, you can go back to your Android device and just let it sync your contacts.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Any great tablets with dialer application and phone functionality out of the box?

I want an even bigger phone than the note.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-06 at 19:18.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Any great tablets with dialer application and phone functionality out of the box?

I want an even bigger phone than the note.
Non-US version of the original Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Non-US version of the original Samsung Galaxy Tab.
So thats the onlyone so far? I have to take alook at the if it still available.

Check out this. pretty cool if true.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B50CG20121206

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

More proof that simply changing your platform OS is just not enough anymore. Nokia had a good healthy lead years ago but everyone else quickly caught up and is surpassing them even faster by leaps and bounds. On the upside--HEY, EVERYBODY! LINUX EVERYWHERE--even if it's under the hood.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
And now Nokia has sold its corporate HQ for the equivalent of $222M US to stay ahead of their expenditures... I seem to recall a statement about pant-peeing for warmth .

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2012-12-11 at 13:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
So thats the onlyone so far? I have to take alook at the if it still available.

All the galaxy tabs with 3G I believe do it. The GT-P6800 which is the 7.7" certainly does - it is my "everyday carry" and no-longer carry a normal phone as I only do a few calls a week.

Excellent! Thats what I want to hear! How is the sound without headset? where is the mic and speckers located?

On the GT-P6800 i can cleasly(clearly+easly) see the phone speaker, but not on the 10 inch.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-10 at 14:14.

I think I shouldn't have said all tabs with 3g - all 7" and 7.7" tabs is what I meant. Fairly sure the 8.9" and 10" ones do not.

The sound on the 7.7" is excellent, just as good as a "normal phone". I have just been photographed by a colleague whilst talking on it so they could laugh at the me, but the conversation was fine.

When in "phone mode" the speaker is at the middle top (opposite end to the samsung logo) and the mic is near the centre in the bottom edge of the device. There are more "loudspeakers" for handsfree on the bottom edge.

Last edited by aclucas; 2012-12-11 at 10:29.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy