Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sevla View Post
Is this app sitll in extras-devel? I did a search (from the sdk) and it didn't find it.
You need to add extras-devel in the sources.list of your target(s) in SDK.

Current version is transmission 1.75-1maemo4 its in i386 and armel, both -testing and -devel.

Find all transmission packages in extras, extras-testing, extras-devel: Link

For future reference, interface to find packages in these repositories: http://maemo.org/packages

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by lassileevi View Post
I would possibly be interested in starting a project for writing Qt-based BitTorrent client application.
Tons of these exist, including Qtorrent, and KTorrent (KDE application rather than only Qt but OK). Also, Transmission supports Qt backend. See Transmission homepage, bottom, 3rd image. Shows Transmission version 1.74.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Anybody having difficulties getting torrents to actually start downloading, or is it just because I'm choosing poorly-seeded torrents?
If UPnP doesn't work one can set up port forwarding manually. If neither is correct set up then you will not be able to connect to clients which don't have that correct set up either.

Or, perhaps your provider is being an ***.

Might be more efficient to run BitTorrent client on home machine (embedded or desktop or server), use interface on it from N8x0/N900 and then later use BitTorrent on WLAN to transfer the data to the N8x0/N900. This way saves resources on device and network bandwidth of GPRS (3G).

reviving this thread

im running transmission 1.75 (9117) on my n900, installed it from the extras repository via the device about 2 weeks ago. is the dev who did this port around? Can anyone with an N900 see if you can reproduce my 100% CPU issue and vote on it if so?:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7304

my first bugzilla entry, please be kind

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2009-12-24 at 05:12.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
the current torrent clients QtRapids and Transmission are really hogging the N900 (still they are awesome since they bring torrents to the N900 )

the speed maxes out at 200 kB/s - is there anything that can be done to improve the situation?

maybe someone knows if its the current libtorrent version that is hogging so much?

http downloads achieve much higher speeds.

i remember when uTorrent came for windows - suddenly it was possible to run 50+ torrents simultanously without hogging the system too much. compared to the older clients that could barely handle 4 torrents without making the PC unresponsive.

i guess its either libtorrent or something about the compiler (not creating optimized bin's) that cause this intense hogging?

do u think it would be impossible creating a lightweight torrent client for maemo 5?

anyway - thanks goes to the coders of Transmission and QtRapids for making it possible to even use torrents at the first place

I found that torrenting as a user process can corrupt vfat sometimes, end up fscking. So I only use it with ext3.

i use rtorrent and it work just fine ...

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
first i have just downloaded transmition it made device so heavy so deleted it cuz dnt wanna damage my mobile,secondly how do u get vuze?

transmission works good here, i leave it all night charging + downloading

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I use Transmission while sleeping.

Sidequesion: does anyone know why Transmission wont show as an Application when Im adding apps to my homescreens?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Typically I only use torrents for big files, so I use Transmission
for > 1 gig.

Tags
bittorrent, development, extras, fremantle