Originally Posted by skatebiker View Post
To your ear ? There is a headset included so holding it to your ear is not necessary. When one holds a phone to one's ear use a regular phone weighing far less than 180 g. And the N810 sized device does fit into a pocket.
The main reason for the 3G added too it is IMHO that for mobile internet no more bluetooth is needed to an external phone.
The n810 weights 226 g, and I don't want to carry a headset all the time anyway.
And 180g is not that much considering that there have been 200gr or heavier phones on the market. But there hasn't been a 5" phone, that'd be just silly.
A 5" tablet is OK, but not a phone.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Actually, as soon as you rotate the phone into portrait mode, the phone app starts up automatically.
Yeah just read that, I hope you can disable that action, doesn't seem that useful to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
If I understood correctly, it only does that if you're on the desktop.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Considering that no other phone or other device this small hardly even has flash AT ALL, I wouldn't say having ONLY 9.4 is a weakness.
I don't really see the point of putting up outdated versions when flash sites are notorious for oversensitive version checking. I understand Adobe probably doesn't have an ARM compatible Flash 10, I'm just afraid that we'll get updates with the same frequency as we did on the N810, and Flash is one those components we (as in both OSS developers and Nokia) can't really change.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
As always, forum.nokia.com has the most accurate specifations:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N900

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
from forum.nokia.com
Supported Document Formats Excel, PDF, Powerpoint, Word[1]
Notes 1 Document format support via installable application (Dataviz).
So dataviz is going to be available for Maemo
http://www.dataviz.com/

Bear in mind this is only the first Maemo 5 device. There are almost certainly more on the way next year which would probably have different specs for different market segments.

Nokia's never done just one smartphone a year, they've always released about 5 high end models per year (plus about 30 cheaper models but those will be Symbian).

Their release rate on the tablets was low because the tablets didn't sell as well as the phones, but now that Maemo is on phones the extra sales should justify a higher release rate.

Originally Posted by skatebiker View Post
To your ear ? There is a headset included so holding it to your ear is not necessary. When one holds a phone to one's ear use a regular phone weighing far less than 180 g. And the N810 sized device does fit into a pocket.
The main reason for the 3G added too it is IMHO that for mobile internet no more bluetooth is needed to an external phone.
Most people who buy smart devices buy smartphones, so the primary function is clearly phone calls. If you mess with the phone call side of things, the whole show is over.

Nokia has had their fingers burned over this in the past, they're never going to mess with how phonecalls work again. They cancelled the Nokia 7700 before it was even released apparently because reviewers hated its N-gage-style sidetalking, and had to retool it as the 7710 with "normal" talking before they dared put it on shop shelves.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Is the chess app as crappy as the one for the N800 and N810? Probably.

Heh, no MMS (not that I care one bit), but just wait for the "oh you all bashed iPhone for not having in and now your holy grail Nokia does not have it!" comments to start.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
TV out is "PAL and NTSC".

Does this mean it can give either, or will we have different models in different markets?

World travellers are every sensitive to these things.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers