Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
It seems like generic text copied from an existing Ovi Store app.
just checked Ovi store and Quickoffice's website and the latest version is 2.5. I don't think the existing version will be supported by this upcoming device.

http://store.ovi.com/content/2579?clickSource=search
Yes, I'm sure it is there just for demonstration purposes and has no implications what so ever with the final Ovi store program selection for Meego.

Also, as it has already come up, the video is just a pc-simulated view part of the user experience testing. In the testing situation there is a pc that simulates the user interface and test-user all are given tasks that they have to complete. Everything is recorded (user inputs, user commentary audio etc.) and analysed afterwards.

So that is most propably almost final layout of the Nokia mobile Meego UX, but there might be some slight adjustments according to the testing.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
mainstream definition:
a prevailing current or direction of activity or influence. the normal, standard, well known.

Symbian = 45%
Android = 19%
Android w/Sense = >19%
Android w/Timescape and Mediascape = >19%
iOS = 14%

By this definition, Symbian is mainstream. But you may subscribe to Apple's definition, since they're the biggest company in mobile now. LOL! Ignore the buzz and start using facts to make your point next time.
I always love it when someone pulls out these market share figures as an argument. Yeah. Cause it is that head in the sand thinking that prevents inovation in Nokia. Stop looking at the sales and look at brand value and usability/inovation and let's see what is what. A leader cannot be measured or defined as 'the one with more sales'.

A good example: the music industry. For me, most of the artists with more sales are crap...

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
What's this near flamewar we have going on here all of the sudden? And its on an offtopic discussion!

Let's get back to the topic: has anyone got any contacts that might give us the parts 1 and 2 of this slideshow/video?

EDIT: Here's a refresher of the memory, by the way:

The UI video actually looks somewhat consistent with this image, don't you think?

Now I wonder what happened to the Calendar-Location-Contacts integration that this "screenie" shows?

Last edited by cjp; 2010-08-03 at 06:24.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
mainstream definition:
a prevailing current or direction of activity or influence. the normal, standard, well known.

Symbian = 45%
Android = 19%
Android w/Sense = >19%
Android w/Timescape and Mediascape = >19%
iOS = 14%

By this definition, Symbian is mainstream. But you may subscribe to Apple's definition, since they're the biggest company in mobile now. LOL! Ignore the buzz and start using facts to make your point next time.
How much of that 45% is relevant? (As in, it's installed and configured as something that's classified as a 'smartphone')

Where is Blackberry?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Thailand
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Looks great! (again)
If Nokia just "make it happens" at least one thing to our N900,
maybe I would fly away...

hopefully thats just user preferance!

Sure hope you don't have to use it in portrait mode!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by cjp View Post

The UI video actually looks somewhat consistent with this image, don't you think?

Now I wonder what happened to the Calendar-Location-Contacts integration that this "screenie" shows?
I would say that this calendar-image is from tablet version, I can't see that small mobile screen would be able to accomodate that much information simultaniously.

Last edited by juahan; 2010-08-03 at 07:40.

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
I always love it when someone pulls out these market share figures as an argument. Yeah. Cause it is that head in the sand thinking that prevents inovation in Nokia. Stop looking at the sales and look at brand value and usability/inovation and let's see what is what. A leader cannot be measured or defined as 'the one with more sales'.

A good example: the music industry. For me, most of the artists with more sales are crap...
You might like unsuccessful artists - but just because you like them does not make them leaders or have brand value or more innovation

Nokia R&D budget is enormous and they have massess of patents (you know like innovation) - like the one they are suing apple over about aerials - hence the iphone 4 clusterf

What nokia haven't done is levereaged their products using anti-competitve practices (tieing them to providers etc) in order to maximise profits - which might not be great for shareholders, but who gives a monkeys about fatcats anyways - it is good for customers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericj23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
I remember that when this image leaked to the net, they said this was a pannable landscape desktop capture from Harmattan.

I am looking forward to this kind of integration since the image was released a year ago, so I hope it has not been put off... :-)

Tags
aligatro == df