Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
My N900 has started reporting the battery level strangely in the last few weeks...

It fully charges to green light and then Health Check reports the last charge level as something low, ranging from as low as 443mah (today) to 890mah. If I unplug an replug the charger it goes to green light after just a few minutes and then reports last charge at around the 1100mah+ mark.

The phone's battery indicator seems to go down in accordance with the last charge value and when I correct it by replugging in the charger, it definitely seems to last for longer before asking to recharge than if I don't.

Has the battery calibration failed perhaps? I know this affects more complex laptop batteries, is it the same situation here? How do I correct it if so?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
do i once again have to point out that the battery meter in the N900 doesn't work.... and thats why i use my own meter script

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Same happens to me. Phone will be 50%, then suddenly icon turns red and it's warning me about low battery... then 5 minutes later it's back to 50%.

And for added fun if you stop and start bme the battery readings will vary wildly.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
do i once again have to point out that the battery meter in the N900 doesn't work.... and thats why i use my own meter script
Er, how about letting me know about your custom script then? I appreciate your expertise, I've certainly read your stuff about the 3rd party batteries before and thank you for that useful info, but it's not always easy to find stuff on this forum and I hadn't come across your info on this.

Cheers.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Try Advanced Power from Extras, it should be better than the default battery meter.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Er, how about letting me know about your custom script then? I appreciate your expertise, I've certainly read your stuff about the 3rd party batteries before and thank you for that useful info, but it's not always easy to find stuff on this forum and I hadn't come across your info on this.

Cheers.
My script is based on my own discharge graph and also the official LiPo graph, it will give you the closest to the REAL capacity left, of course in %, but on request it can be made to show mAh left with one variable that can be changed to accommodate for 1320, 1350, 2400 or like my custom batts 2500 & 2700mAh

And the script for % is at Page #1, Post #3 in my battery test thread

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-01-11 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ DK, not far from dr_frost_dk
Im using dr_frost_dk's script and so far it works and i like that i can see the volt in the battery. and i am also using his dual battery mod 2. literally hehe, since we don't live far from each other, and im really impressed at the runtime now compared to stock battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to redkarma For This Useful Post: