Active Topics

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Ok, ok I chickened out. I didn't get the n900. $439 U.S. is still out of my range right now. I keep talking myself out of the n900, but everytime I come to this community and see the great support here it makes me want one again! I do have a concern I wanted to share with some of you, for your opinions. This summer the successor to the n900 will probably be announced. It will probably be Meego and cost as much if not more as a n900 does now. The n900 will probably drop then to a price I can handle. Some of you already know where this is going...If the "new N900" was coming...would you stick with the n900, would you buy a n900 or the new one? What will happen to this great community and the support for the n900? Thanks...

The Following User Says Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Hmm... if you don't need it today (for work, etc), what's so bad about waiting?

You'll get more choice (n900 vs n9xx? maemo vs meego?), the n900 price will come down, you'll probably free up more cash too by that time..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hmm... if you don't need it today (for work, etc), what's so bad about waiting?

You'll get more choice (n900 vs n9xx? maemo vs meego?), the n900 price will come down, you'll probably free up more cash too by that time..
Beside N900 will be running MeeGo as well as N9XX. The only down side is N900 doesn't support multi-touch and N9xx does. Oh and better CPU and more RAM (Heaps more RAM, may be atleast 512RAM to ~600MB), better design and probably no Keyboard.

You ask a tough question. I think if the new phone has improved hardware and has a relatively similar starting cost to the N900 I would go with the new phone. However the N900 is an awesome phone. Support from this community is superb and I highly doubt it will just cease when the new phone is released.

Originally Posted by kd_alex View Post
You ask a tough question. I think if the new phone has improved hardware and has a relatively similar starting cost to the N900 I would go with the new phone. However the N900 is an awesome phone. Support from this community is superb and I highly doubt it will just cease when the new phone is released.
agree , i am happy with my n900. best phone i have ever had.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Got mine for the 439usd yesterday. When N9XX comes out its going to be sold in the 6xx price or on a contract, not affordable...