Hello there. My media player keeps pausing the song. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying. It happens with both bluetooth and headphones. Anyone have any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to andyph666 For This Useful Post:
mine does the same recently,very annoying!!!

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ London
My media player pauses sometimes, or just silences for a few seconds when I press the power button or when the display rotates (in any app). I never had this issue before, it started only recently. Does anyone know what could cause this???

Thanks

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
I have also my media player stopping the playback after just playing a while. The phone is in pocket and locked. Unlocking the screen and playing play-button starts the playback again, but from beginning of the song. Doesn't happen often, maybe once a week, but is still really annoying. Haven't been able to reproduce the problem manually.

I have many programs installed from devel, but haven't noticed the problem starting after installing any specific program.

Hi,

i also have this problem since pr.1.3

Some tests i performed:

- Headphoned:
i tested with the cable to my headphones, i can almost completely pull the jack out and still no pausing from headphoned, (it only pauses if i pull the jack completly out) the problem also persists after removing headphoned

- The Problem occurs mostly when i put the n900 to my pocket, with the display off

- sometimes if i nudge or turn the jack (without pulling it out) it also pauses the musicplayer

- also happens with musicbox (alternative music client)

so what could be the problem? its really annoying sometimes i have to pull the n900 out again 5 times restart playback only to do it again because its stop playing as soon i put it in my pocket

mine does it too,dam annoying!

mine does it aswell. it also happens when listening to internet radio using wifi! really annoying

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Corunha

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Mine has only started doing this since I installed power kernel

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Corunha
I'm using the stock kernel