Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Yeaaaa Mr Negative...lets celebrate Nokia failure....yeaaaa....take
some Prozac and enjoy life
Looks like youre little pissed cause WP is failing because of todays facts?
You just want to give him a little assuring pat on the head while your shake your own, right? Perhaps a better nickname would have been 'Angry Man'? Oh right! It's already been done. I like it when he goes off on these elementary tantrums triggered by simply talking about Nokia's declines and epic failures. I can't help picturing a fuming, spoiled, fat little child that gets upset when people talk about Nokia. It's sad but cute and entertaining.

Symbian is failing. Last I checked NOKIA started selling WP only few months ago. Get your facts straight.
Symbian was doing pretty okay before Elop announced he wanted to kill it, as I recall. Say... isn't Symbian STILL outselling Windows Phone even now? I don't have the numbers here in front of me, but do you mind checking that for me? Don't forget to cite a source!

Anyone else, maybe?

Yes genius. Its because Chinese are hip and want Silicon Valley products. Who wants Symbian phones. Have you handled N8....oh my what a dinosaur. Dont blame WP for NOKIA losses. Its all Symbian. Symbian should have been gone long time ago.....it was the pre-Elop incompetency that led to this balance sheet.

Meego, is still a beta OS by every yardstick. It cant compete with iphones and droids. Period. If you want to argue otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. So NOKIA made a move they had to make. Perhaps its too late. But dont blame WP. WP gave them cash and a sense of direction. Symbian and Meego burned cash and were destined to perish
As someone who lived and worked in Silicon Valley--I'm not sure where Silicon Valley products is relevant, nor where your claim for this amazing demand in China for Silicon Valley products is coming from. But I can blame WP for NOKIA losses. Here's how I see it: WP was already a losing product, Nokia was in a downward spiral from the top--and it only went downward FASTER after every time Elop opened his face-hole, especially after he announced moving to WP... which only made it worse FASTER. I would have to point out that Symbian and MeeGo would have likely carried Nokia farther even in status quo (which was pretty bad as it was) than this move to WP's infusion of cash and direction.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
We don't claim them all. Sorta like how other countries don't claim their less desirables.

No. All that is required is just have the money and/or brokerage account - which, is real darn easy. If you're not in the US, invest through brokers while in those countries.
Now that is a stab in the back. Didn't expect it

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Tizen hahaha. its plain dead from begining.
Yeah that was my point. The guy I queted sugested WebOS which is also dead

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
It is possible that Lumiaman is in reality, Elop himself?

Sorry, no offence if you're not, but the name Lumiaman does seem to fit Elop pretty well...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Take my lumia 800 to hanging up with my friend, play music, and they want to transfer my file, i said sorry dude i cant do that, wtf!!! Then they ask me, ur phone doesnt has bt? LoL, i said it has but strangely wont let me to 'share', and they ask me about the price, then they laugh hard, even galaxy young can do that things my friend, then i says honestly i just wanna try wp and the result is ironic,

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Might not? It's a heavy heck no... in the land of milk and honey (the US that is), this is a decidedly pro-iPhone and pro-Android crowd here. Microsoft cannot break 5% here - and that's with RIM/Blackberry losing share rapidly.

And places like Verizon and even AT&T will be drops in the bucket compared to the European and Asian market sales in the grand scheme of things.

And so far, it's not looking good for the Lumia in Europe in regards to its reception in those markets. And our markets are not indicative of what will be popular elsewhere. iOS and Android are the only two exceptions that are still going on strong.
one thing i have seen is, you need to watch comes out your mouth, so you don't shame yourself I'm saying this for everyone. there is a 50/50 chance for the LUMIA- windows phone family.

Do i want a windows phone? No not yet, i have a list of things that needs to be improved before i buy it.

Anyways....

Apple Stock down on iphone sales report.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000085233

Android beats Apple in China mobile platform race: report
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8390AK20120410

the point is seeing Ios is going down, i still stand by my prediction Android is going to start declining soon. Just remember this comment when it starts happening. But hey, it's my prediction,could be true, could not, I like to believe it will be. The effect of over saturation.
(People will move to windows phone not because they like it, but because of over satiation)

Market saturation is the point a firm is is not generating anymore interest in a product.Android is almost at it's prime, I could be wrong, but so i think. Google has tried to avoid this but releasing a Nexus, one in a while. But there will be a point where people will see it's the same and thus go to windowsphone.

Don't get my wrong -- I am not saying windows phone is the best, i personally am not ready. I tried the lumia 800 but in the end the little things i cannot live with, But for the sake of seeing something different, and seeing how this competition will improve innovation, I want to see windows phone on the market.

I do believe Windows phone has a chance during this fall (Not the season -- when iOs and Android starts declining), but they need to be good, there so called Apollo needs to be really good. So I'm looking and watching... 50/50. Marketing needs to improve.

in the words of Panasonic Eluga - i wana know, what it feels like, I'm ready -- call me i'm ready to go.

50/50

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Take my lumia 800 to hanging up with my friend, play music, and they want to transfer my file, i said sorry dude i cant do that, wtf!!! Then they ask me, ur phone doesnt has bt? LoL, i said it has but strangely wont let me to 'share', and they ask me about the price, then they laugh hard, even galaxy young can do that things my friend, then i says honestly i just wanna try wp and the result is ironic,
...Galaxy can...any Symbian phone can...any WebOS phone can...etc.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
my harmattan easily do that my friend,

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
my harmattan easily do that my friend,
I would assume so...mine arrives today within 2 hours

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
one thing i have seen is, you need to watch comes out your mouth, so you don't shame yourself I'm saying this for everyone. there is a 50/50 chance for the LUMIA- windows phone family.
Until it happens, your request to watch what comes out of my mouth will be backed by what the population has purchased thus far... and it's not Windows Phone 7 in mass numbers. Not in the US, not in Europe, not in Asia. Nothing said thus far is a stretch of any imagination.

All except your 50/50 chance. That's quite the stretch.

Do i want a windows phone? No not yet, i have a list of things that needs to be improved before i buy it.
And yet I've used it, thrice over. HTC HD7S, Dell Venue Pro and now the Nokia Lumia 900.

Still rarely recommend it unless I know what type of user that person happens to be.

the point is seeing Ios is going down, i still stand by my prediction Android is going to start declining soon.
Wait... didn't you start with a declaration of that I should watch my mouth, assuming you meant some speculation portion that you didn't agree with only to do the very same thing just a paragraph or two later?

Attention and demand for iOS will invariably deflate at times, but as it stands, it's a solid top tier mobile OS in terms of percentage it's being currently developed on and people awaiting the next version of that mobile OS. Android's decline has been talked about, but so far what's rushing to take its place?

Windows Phone 8? Because it's not Windows Phone 7. Not in increasing numbers that correspond to a 5-10% market share increase.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen