1. 1. Have the healthy FAT at /home/user/MyDocs
  2. 2. U-boot shows default menu
  3. 3. U-boot console:
    Code:
    mmc init
    mmc dev 1
    fatls 1
    It shows the contents of /home/user/MyDocs/Text/0scraps/20111026223145
So U-boot indeed handles (v)FAT incorrectly.
My guess it is due to misaligned partition OR parted resize. I mean I used parted to resize /dev/mmcblk0p1 so that I could put another system on eMMC.

Any ideas howto fix?
I also parted MyDocs(resized) and added mmcblk0p4 partition of 2GB, and u-boot offers to boot from Internal Flash, eMMC, SD, etc. What u do to fix that ? And when i type:
Code:
fatls mmc 1
i get this
Code:
./
../
nameshistory.syg
voices/
sounds/
skin/
itinerary/
icons/
eula/

1 files, 8 dirs
Before partitioning all worked fine :)

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-04-23 at 20:40.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Are You kidding me?

Seriously though, I wonder if errata incompatibility won't hit us like bus. Holding thumbs for Your efforts! It would be funny to rewrite all kp patches to comply with 2.6.37, yep?

[/off-topic]
Well, I've never said it boots to hildon-desktop correctly . Actually it fails early in "getbootstate" but that is not the point. I am booting Maemo, because it has syslogd enabled, and now I have nice looking -110 errors in syslog, plus hsmmc driver debug messages . It is just much easier for me to boot Maemo and try to capture some useful data re SD/eMMC =110 failures, than fight Ubuntu or Nemo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, I've never said it boots to hildon-desktop correctly . Actually it fails early in "getbootstate" but that is not the point. I am booting Maemo, because it has syslogd enabled, and now I have nice looking -110 errors in syslog, plus hsmmc driver debug messages . It is just much easier for me to boot Maemo and try to capture some useful data re SD/eMMC =110 failures, than fight Ubuntu or Nemo
This patch add /proc/bootreason and bootmode fremantle interface to meego kernel: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...remantle.patch Also it fixing some problem with booting from nand and support for maemo gpio keys interface. Before booting meego kernel make sure that BME will not be started (e.g. remove/rename file /etc/event.d/bme) - it is incompatible with >= 2.6.32 (?)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@Pali - again, I am trying to find the reason for -110 errors, not to boot Maemo from sdcard, however, thanks for the patch.

BTW it seems that for me -110 errors are for eMMC, not for SD card. AFAIK stskeeps' u-boot does not enable eMMC, while your u-boot does. Could this be the reason, i.e. kernel expect eMMC disabled, and when it is enabled, it cannot deal with the situation. Anyway, right now I am instlling Ububtu 12.04 on my SD card, once it is ready, I will try to boot it with a meego 2.6.37+ kernel with several patches collected from this thread (dto patch, host->power_mode = -1 patch) and some forward-ported code from 2.6.28. Lets see how it will behave.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
I also parted MyDocs(resized) and added mmcblk0p4 partition of 2GB, and u-boot offers to boot from Internal Flash, eMMC, SD, etc. What u do to fix that ? And when i type:
Code:
fatls mmc 1
i get this
Code:
./
../
nameshistory.syg
voices/
sounds/
skin/
itinerary/
icons/
eula/

1 files, 8 dirs
Before partitioning all worked fine
Run as root: fsck.vfat -a /dev/your_fat_part
It will check and repair fat partition. Also problem can be in u-boot...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@Pali - confirmed, both Maemo and Ubuntu throw -110 errors for mmcblk1 (eMMC), when started with run sdboot. SD card is rock stable with modified kernel (2.6.37) I am using.

Would you give me a hint where u-boot enables eMMC? I will disable code which enables and will check how is the siuation.

Having in mind that one of the major differences between your and stskeeps' u-boot is internal memory being enabled by yours, I am almost sure your u-boot leaves eMMC in a state from which kernels cannot recover. And while it is definitely a bug in the kernel, I think we should do our best to workaround it in u-boot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Enabling eMMC is done in board/nokia/rx51.c in function misc_init_r.
It call functions: twl4030_pmrecv_vsel_cfg, twl4030_i2c_write_u8 and twl4030_regulator_set_mode

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon

Did you compile the Kernel yourself or do you use the one I posted? Because if you use the posted one, it could be my fault because I didn't investigate the eMMC and can't say for sure I included everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Guys, can someone of you report for which EXACT device those -110 errors are thrown, is it mmcblk1 or mmcblk0.

Sorry for asking, right now I have Maemo on sdcard with 2.6.37 meego kernel and the device giving me -110 errors is INTERNAL eMMC (mmcblk1) and not the external one(sd card). But I don't have Nemo or Ubuntu to test with and confirm.
Both of them.
You'll see when you copy Nemo to eMMC partition 4 and use swap on SD.

Maemo on sdcard with 2.6.37 meego kernel
:O

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-04-24 at 08:33.

Originally Posted by unknown.obvious View Post
@freemangordon

Did you compile the Kernel yourself or do you use the one I posted? Because if you use the posted one, it could be my fault because I didn't investigate the eMMC and can't say for sure I included everything.
I compiled the kernel by myself, not using yours. Don't have access to my home PC right now, so I will publish the patches later on, but in short:
dto 14 patch
mmc_restore-power-mode.patch

forwar port some logic from 2.6.28 kernel - disable off mode for 16GB cards.

once (and if) everything is ok I will publish a full set of patches. But anyway fixing u-boot is my primary goal.

@Pali: are you aware of some (weak) "misc_fini_r" function in u-boot code, i.e. the one similar to misc_init_r, but called just before the control is passed to kernel?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot