Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Hill of Doom - Pacific NW
Hi folks,

I've been trying to follow the Wiki entry found here to boost the volume of Canola...but I can't for the life of me get past the step of opening the config file.

When I run the command 'vi /home/user/.atabake' it returns the following: Trying to insert a negative number (-1) of characters [Hit return to continue]

Any ideas?

If it helps I'm on an N800, I'm running Diablo booting from mmc (I was lazy this time around and used PB .deb).

I was interested in the volume adjustment as a curiosity more than anything, but now I want to know what the hell happened.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
try a different file viewer? Personally, I think VI sucks. I just use the built in editor in emelfm2.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
thanks!

Obvious answer wins again, my vi install was screwy but everything worked fine with leafpad.

So simple now I feel simple.

When I did that trick to boost the volume, I quickly had to go back, the distortion was horrific (and I couldn't be bothered to try different values). I way prefer high clarity to high volume. And, a year or two of using my old PSP as an mp3 player made me very used to having low volume...

I really only use canola as my car mp3 player but I too noticed the distortion and have dropped the value from 10 down to 7, but I haven't had a chance to see how much of a difference it's made yet.

Tags
canola, volume, what the hell?