So I am pretty frustrated trying to get this working all day long... I am trying to put MeeGo, NITDroid, and have a Fat32 partition for storage all on my 16GB SD card. However when I follow the flasher instructions on the MeeGo sight it uses mmcblk1p1 as boot, not Fat32 (http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC#Windows)

I believe N12 can be thrown in with the ext4 partition, hence giving me a good amount of storage space... MeeGo only needs 4GB, NITDroid only needs 2GB, MeeGo only takes up 36% of it's 3.6GB partition...

Can someone please help me out? Give me some advice that I can follow Maybe some Linux guru can compile a custom image?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Shove NITDroid on mmcblk1p4, and add u-boot to power48. When you get to the u-boot screen, run noloboot, then from there, you're in the multiboot screen. Go crazy. Oh, and on the multiboot screen, you need your Maemo kernel to be an image WITHOUT u-boot. And you need a Maemo/MeeGo kernel image WITH u-boot. Yes, it's a cluster****. But until NITDroid moves on to the superior u-boot, it's going to stay a cluster****.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Shove NITDroid on mmcblk1p4, and add u-boot to power48. When you get to the u-boot screen, run noloboot, then from there, you're in the multiboot screen. Go crazy. Oh, and on the multiboot screen, you need your Maemo kernel to be an image WITHOUT u-boot. And you need a Maemo/MeeGo kernel image WITH u-boot. Yes, it's a cluster****. But until NITDroid moves on to the superior u-boot, it's going to stay a cluster****.
I have NITDroid on mmcblk1p4, I have u-boot added to Power48. I can get to MeeGo by starting up the phone with the keyboard open, I can get to NITDroid by sliding up the keyboard after u-boot has finished loading the kernel.

I cannot use any of the ~9GB or so of extra storage space, that's a pretty big trade off...

I have no knowledge of a MeeGo multiboot image, I also have no knowledge of noloboot (never needed to use it).

I would most likely give up NITDroid (or install it on the eMMC) than give up the 9GB/11GB of MMC memory.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Ah sorry, misread your post, should've noted that it's part of your other problem.

Just edit boot.scr on the FAT partition made by MeeGo on the SD card to point to p2.

You'll need to do some custom partitioning.
For example: 2GB Maemo FAT32 /media/mmc1 mmcblk1p1
4GB MeeGo System EXT3/4/BTRFS mmcblk1p2
64MB MeeGo /boot FAT mmcblk1p3
2GB NITDroid EXT3/4 mmcblk1p4

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Ah sorry, misread your post, should've noted that it's part of your other problem.

Just edit boot.scr on the FAT partition made by MeeGo on the SD card to point to p2.

You'll need to do some custom partitioning.
For example: 2GB Maemo FAT32 /media/mmc1 mmcblk1p1
4GB MeeGo System EXT3/4/BTRFS mmcblk1p2
64MB MeeGo /boot FAT mmcblk1p3
2GB NITDroid EXT3/4 mmcblk1p4
Okay - I understand a few things. I am assuming the steps would be:

1) Flash MMC with MeeGo
2) Repartition MMC with sfdisk (I don't exactly know the best route to mess around with the partition table with sfdisk)
3) Install NITDroid onto 2GB EXT3/4 partition
4) Use MeeGo's FAT (default is 16) partition as a FAT32 partition
5) Edit boot.scr (no file boot.scr in my FAT partition)

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Okay - I understand a few things. I am assuming the steps would be:

1) Flash MMC with MeeGo
2) Repartition MMC with sfdisk (I don't exactly know the best route to mess around with the partition table with sfdisk)
3) Install NITDroid onto 2GB EXT3/4 partition
4) Use MeeGo's FAT (default is 16) partition as a FAT32 partition
5) Edit boot.scr (no file boot.scr in my FAT partition)
If you have a sd card reader for your pc, you know you can use gparted to create the partitions you require on there. (I think you might even be able to do use gparted with the sd card in your n900 and USB mass storage mode enabled, but I haven't tried it.)

You can then mount the meego image using mount -o with the offsets for the different partitions and just copy the contents across to each partition. Or you could flash the sd with the meego image, and then just use gparted to create the other partitions (instead of sfdisk).

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
If you have a sd card reader for your pc, you know you can use gparted to create the partitions you require on there. (I think you might even be able to do use gparted with the sd card in your n900 and USB mass storage mode enabled, but I haven't tried it.)

You can then mount the meego image using mount -o with the offsets for the different partitions and just copy the contents across to each partition. Or you could flash the sd with the meego image, and then just use gparted to create the other partitions (instead of sfdisk).
I am using a Windows PC... If anyone could give me a walk though that would be great.

Last edited by xxxxts; 2011-08-29 at 21:38.

Does this look like a sound partition table?;

Code:
sfdisk -uM /dev/mmcblk1 << EOF
,9144,C
,2048,L
EOF
p1 storage/MeeGo's FAT partition
p2 MeeGo's Swap
p3 MeeGo ext4
p4 NITDroid ext3

Now I just need to know how to get the image on each of the partitions, and then have it boot correctly.