Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Here is what I think is going on. My server is asking for a lock code, but the particular lock code has to be all numbers. N9 is asking for numbers and a letter or character and that is where, I think, is the problem and why mandatory policy failes with this phone. Is there a way for N9 to allow me the use of numbers without any special characters or letters????

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Hi,

I have problem with IMAP accounts. I have two accounts - other is working fine and the other is not sending mails. Both has same smtp settings and I am sending via ssl and user recognition. When I try to send I dont get any errors - mails are just stucked in out box. I tryed removing the account, tryed other smtp server that doesnt need login and that account just cant send any emails. Has anyone had this kind of problem earlier? And N9 version is 64Gb with pr1.1 clear installation.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
Hi,

I have problem with IMAP accounts. I have two accounts - other is working fine and the other is not sending mails. Both has same smtp settings and I am sending via ssl and user recognition. When I try to send I dont get any errors - mails are just stucked in out box. I tryed removing the account, tryed other smtp server that doesnt need login and that account just cant send any emails. Has anyone had this kind of problem earlier? And N9 version is 64Gb with pr1.1 clear installation.
I got it working! I guess it was this BURL-bug that was causing problem.(found some massages about that from this thread)

I had to remove/rename Sent-folder and Sent Items -folder from server - even from Recycle-bin. After removing folders I recreated IMAP account and then mail client started to use smtp-server correctly. Client created local Sent Items folder and started to use that to save sent emails.

This is not perfect way of correcting this problem I think Nokia should fix this at least in pr.1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hihu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all, sorry for missing from this thread for a long time, we have a crazy weeks (a lot of work etc. ).

Originally Posted by 6699 View Post
I recently purchased the N9 which was installed with version 10.2011.34

When I first set up mfe to connect to my office exchange server, it worked like a charm. Did not face any connection or sync issues.

Then after 1 week of use, my mfe Inbox suddenly stopped receiving new mails. There was no connection problem encountered during the sync process i.e. did not encounter the red arrow but no new mails were updated into my Inbox. The sync logs also indicated that the sync was successful. The weird thing is that all other exchange folders eg Deleted, Sent, Junk and even Inbox subfolders were being updated. Only my main Inbox folder was not being updated.
All this while, the mfe client on my iPAD is working perfectly proving that the problem is not caused by the exchange server but by the N9 mfe client.

Is this a known bug with the N9 mfe client? Will the new update solve this issue?
hmm, your issue is reeeeeeeeeeaaaalllly strange. Seriously. Usually there is something wrong with non-Inbox Folders. Can you attach the logs for this issue?

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
So I have a problem when people send texts they merge with another conversation that may be going on in my messages. So lets say I have 3 friends A, K, and Z. Z sends me a text but it shows up under K's messages. How do I fix this exactly? I am lost as to how to fix this and I'm not really eager to flash the N9 over something like this. Thanks for the help in advance.
emm, try to choose another sort order (like "by time"). I hope, that you simply have a sort order "by sender".

Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Can anyone currently get MfE with gmail to synchronise? For the past few days I've been unable to sync up.
My N9 syncs fine with Gmail. Also I'm usually testing Gmail sync via MfE and IMAP. Nothing bad was noticed with GMail sync.

Originally Posted by memas View Post
Hi;
I have a problem with my pop3 account.
I receive mails but when I try to send one over
cellular the response I get is "Can't connect to smtp server .. or it doesn't exist " . I can send the message over wi-fi so settings are o.k. and I didn't have this problem with other phones I had.
Thank you in advance.
logs please

Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
I'm really happy with the exchange integration with the N9, but, one feature that's seriously lacking is the ability to search the global address list.

Please add this
Noted again

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Hey Sergey and the rest of the email team at NOKIA. When I try to sync with my work email this is what I get:

mandatory mail for exchange server policy failed

What does that mean?
Will ask tomorrow my colleagues about it. However, are you sure that nothing else presents in security settings? Usually that kind of errors you may have if some security polices are not supported by N9.

Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
I got it working! I guess it was this BURL-bug that was causing problem.(found some massages about that from this thread)

I had to remove/rename Sent-folder and Sent Items -folder from server - even from Recycle-bin. After removing folders I recreated IMAP account and then mail client started to use smtp-server correctly. Client created local Sent Items folder and started to use that to save sent emails.

This is not perfect way of correcting this problem I think Nokia should fix this at least in pr.1.2.
yeah, this BURL bug... Hopefully, it will be fixed in PR1.2.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
After the setup it says that connection established and requires a security code. N9 security prompt pops up and says i need to input 6 characters of which 3 are numbers. I comply and it doesnt sync. Talking to people in my workplace it seems that for non-blackberry devices, the server requires a 6 digit number as a code, no letters. But N9 is not allowing me to just put numbers for my code, it requires that some letters be present. Does this make sense? I am waiting for a call from IT to see if they can resolve this issue.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
After the setup it says that connection established and requires a security code. N9 security prompt pops up and says i need to input 6 characters of which 3 are numbers. I comply and it doesnt sync. Talking to people in my workplace it seems that for non-blackberry devices, the server requires a 6 digit number as a code, no letters. But N9 is not allowing me to just put numbers for my code, it requires that some letters be present. Does this make sense? I am waiting for a call from IT to see if they can resolve this issue.
Can you provide the logs for this issue? Don't forget to enable the extended logging and remove private data. I'd like to see what polices are provided by server.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Can you provide the logs for this issue? Don't forget to enable the extended logging and remove private data. I'd like to see what polices are provided by server.
I will try. But it seems that there is something about the lock code that is a problem

I will try. But it seems that there is something about the lock code that is a problem
Thought you were sticking with Iphone 4? Have to ask my sister how she likes the 4s when she gets it. I was able to set up exchange all right with my hospital email with the n9

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Thought you were sticking with Iphone 4? Have to ask my sister how she likes the 4s when she gets it. I was able to set up exchange all right with my hospital email with the n9
I am bud. iphone 4 is my workhorse. never freezes, just breezes.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Greece
Originally Posted by memas View Post
Hi;
I have a problem with my pop3 account.
I receive mails but when I try to send one over
cellular the response I get is "Can't connect to smtp server .. or it doesn't exist " . I can send the message over wi-fi so settings are o.k. and I didn't have this problem with other phones I had.
Thank you in advance.
I reproduced the problem having turned logging on and I found this strange entry in messageserver.log:

[1361] Dec 01 11:38:06 [Debug] POP : Got SSO response
[1361] Dec 01 11:38:06 [Debug] POP : Got SSO response
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:00 [Debug] SMTP : newConnection
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:00 [Debug] Messaging : Looking for account by id: 6
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:01 [Debug] SMTP : Open SMTP connection
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:01 [Debug] Messaging : Opening connection - "mailgate.otenet.gr" : 25
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:04 [Debug] Messaging : SMTP : connection established
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:04 [Debug] SMTP : Connected
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "220 ************************************************** *****"
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: EHLO [127.0.0.1]
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "250-dionisos.otenet.gr Hello pppgint-85-152-98.b-online.gr [212.152.85.98] (may be forged), pleased to meet you"
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES"
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] ../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 173 checkConnection
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:07 [Debug] ../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 277 process sending to daemon
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:08 [Debug] SMTP : Got SSO response
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:08 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: MAIL FROM: <to****@otenet.gr>
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:08 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "550 5.7.1 Rejected 212.152.85.98 listed as spam source at http://www.spamhaus.org"
[1361] Dec 01 11:39:08 [Debug] SMTP : Closed connection: "550 5.7.1 Rejected 212.152.85.98 listed as spam source at http://www.spamhaus.org

Could this be my problem?
Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to memas For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950