Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
But on the N900, what about that "swipe onto the screen from the left" gesture to bring up the mouse pointer? Is that still going to work well if the screen protector ends at that exact point?
I'm assuming N900 screen protectors will cover the entire front area, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by f(x) View Post
No , actually you could cut it into other shapes ,but you will need to be either good with cutting or simply cut a a little bigger rectangular than your need then cut it again with something like this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12590 (I got it from dealextreme and since then it come into many uses for me), as you can see it got many holes that you can use it to control the edges of your rectangular.

Hmm.. I usually use invisible shield (or bodyguardz) for the body of the device, and use a clear shield (japanese brand) for the screen. Neither of those can be made by hand to the same quality unfortunately.

(I can't find a scan\image of the invisible shield pattern, but suffice to say it has lots of holes and uneven shapes to accomodate the fit of the device's body and its many buttons\sensors)

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hmm.. I usually use invisible shield (or bodyguardz) for the body of the device, and use a clear shield (japanese brand) for the screen. Neither of those can be made by hand to the same quality unfortunately.

(I can't find a scan\image of the invisible shield pattern, but suffice to say it has lots of holes and uneven shapes to accomodate the fit of the device's body and its many buttons\sensors)
I found this picture http://www.zagg.com/images/products/full/NOKN86FB.jpg

From it , I can see your point about how difficult it will be to make one that fits 100% with your device's body.

if you are willing to cut it for the whole body ,I suggest first to bring a paper and cover your device with, then with a pencil try to color the whole paper (like scratching it with your pencil) this will show your device details clearly , now take off your paper and start cutting it. If this paper is fitting 100% then you can start using it as a template for your scotchguard cutting otherwise try to repeat it (About the pencil part, I am not sure if a photocopy might work better than the pencil).

I know this might looks like having many trial and errors to get a single protector & might not worth the time and efforts ,but you have to admit it sill cheaper.
You can consider this project to kill some time when you don't have anything to do

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hello,
Thanx to the folks on this board most likely, Invisible shield is going to do the N900. I am sending mine to them for a Pattern, if I ever get it of course!

Les

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
http://www.invisibleshield.com.au/

They seem to have really good stuff and they said if enough people e-mailed them ( "if we believe there's sufficient demand") about an n900 cover, then they'd make it.

They've already got covers for the droid so the lack of an n900 cover is just insulting!!

also if anyone has any opinions about these covers id love to hear them!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
They are Zagg now, and actually they want to do an N900 protector already... only problem is they need a device to design it and asked people who requested it to send them a device (back & forth)... I'm guessing none of the 300 dev did yet.

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
I don't want one - its a great idea but if you keep your phone in your pocket, then its starts to peel off...but the worst thing is the lifetime warranty...where you have to return the original back to America (from UK) at your own cost and then pay postage for the replacement (£2.50 ish) although they use a UK company to ship by Royal Mail 2nd class so £2.50 charge is ridiculous!

I'll be getting the screen only cover and putting it in a belt clip. The scratch protection is incredible, but for the body I'd rather have the padding of the belt clip for shock. Also, mchu6am4 is right, the full body protection on my previous devices started peeling at the corners. I just trimmed the sections that started peeling and never had a real problem, but it does detract from the aesthetics (if you care about such things).

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
http://www.invisibleshield.com.au/

They seem to have really good stuff and they said if enough people e-mailed them ( "if we believe there's sufficient demand") about an n900 cover, then they'd make it.

They've already got covers for the droid so the lack of an n900 cover is just insulting!!

also if anyone has any opinions about these covers id love to hear them!
I had one for my iphone 3GS and it was great. never having to worry about having coins or keys in my pocket at the same time. It's a PITA to install though.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
what do people think of ghost armour?

http://www.ghost-armor.com/

Tags
accessory, invisibleshield, n900, screen protector, zagg