Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by karim0028 View Post
This latest version is DOA for me anyways... It loads but i get no stations listed in the pull down menu.... So, nothing plays, bc it shows that i have no stations...
Was this regarding pyPianobar, pianobar, or qtPianobar?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Was this regarding pyPianobar, pianobar, or qtPianobar?
I can't exactly speak for karim, but that was the effect seen in pyPianobar when pianobar is not in the current $PATH.

I think the only logical fix for the binary is to leave it where the autobuilder put it and link it in /usr/bin (this is what I have done on my N900)

As for the config, the logical place to me would be "~/.pianobar/config". This is where it seems like 90% of apps keep their configs anyhow, and putting a config for a per-user app in non-user space is so 1990's

Originally Posted by Thorprime View Post
I can't exactly speak for karim, but that was the effect seen in pyPianobar when pianobar is not in the current $PATH.

I think the only logical fix for the binary is to leave it where the autobuilder put it and link it in /usr/bin (this is what I have done on my N900)

As for the config, the logical place to me would be "~/.pianobar/config". This is where it seems like 90% of apps keep their configs anyhow, and putting a config for a per-user app in non-user space is so 1990's
Yes and it gets copied there from the installed location. I can't put /home/ anything in the deb package directly or it tries to remove it when it gets uninstalled.. yes - the whole /home area.

And "~" doesn't work when you are installing a package as *root*.. you have to statically say /home/user.

So are you saying that the new build of pianobar in /usr/local/bin is *not* in the N900's local path? Because it's in my SDK so I was unaware of this.

Would appreciate a screenshot of how the new one looks with your theme...

ETA: Quick thought... what about an icon?
Here it is in green

I'll see what I can do about an icon. Obviously can't use the Pandora icon....

Last edited by Thorprime; 2010-02-09 at 18:52.

So are you saying that the new build of pianobar in /usr/local/bin is *not* in the N900's local path? Because it's in my SDK so I was unaware of this.
Yes, the default $PATH is /usr/bin:/bin , and thats it.

Originally Posted by Thorprime View Post
Yes, the default $PATH is /usr/bin:/bin , and thats it.
Oh Fail.

I guess that decides what direction to take pianobar for me then... I have to find a way to make it build in /usr instead of /usr/local.

Bratag.. I'll get pianobar updated as soon as possible.. don't worry about fixing qtPianobar to the new path.

New version going to extras-devel.

1.2-6 is latest. If you manage to get 1.2-5 in the middle there somewhere it's no big deal.. only change was it was still copying the config from /usr/local/etc/ instead of /usr/etc/ in the postinst.

It should now install to /opt/maemo/usr/bin and link to /usr/bin....

Hopefully .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Here is a rather inept icon concept, but it is prob better than the blue-square.
Attached Images

Last edited by Thorprime; 2010-02-09 at 20:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
I skimmed through the thread and couldn't really find a definitive answer (and bear with me as I'm not very proficient with the phone), but I get an error when trying to install "pypianobar 1.0-3".

Unable to install 'pypianobar'.
Conflict with application packages: python2.5-qt4-svg (4.6.2-maemo20091218.0)

Does anyone know what this means?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by 2gDSM View Post
I skimmed through the thread and couldn't really find a definitive answer (and bear with me as I'm not very proficient with the phone), but I get an error when trying to install "pypianobar 1.0-3".

Unable to install 'pypianobar'.
Conflict with application packages: python2.5-qt4-svg (4.6.2-maemo20091218.0)

Does anyone know what this means?
I had to revisit what I did while installing on my wife's phone last night. Here's what worked for me...make sure you have rootsh installed as well. I'm a total noob with xterm so I can't say if you need to update first or not. I just enjoyed the screwing around to figure it out with much help from fatalsaint as you saw his tips earlier.

in xterm:

sudo gainroot
then
apt-get update
then
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui

then try downloading from extras-testing
if that doesn't work, disable e-t and enable extra-devel and try downloading from there. That did the trick for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sphinx780 For This Useful Post: