Active Topics

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
The only issue that I see is all those little speaker holes. Might have to invest in a box of straight pins if I'm going to paint this thing.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeerGuy View Post
Is it pretty easy to remove the original faceplate and install a new one?

It would be kewl to get one airbrushed with a design...
Fairly easy. Search on "faceplate" here to find my instructions for removal (I will add the link to the original post too). Thoughtfix also has excellent instructions on his blog.

EDIT: instruction link added to original post in this thread.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-04-18 at 17:13.

I picked up some more faceplates! I now have maybe triple what I started with. Not sure if I can get more though.

As to the requests I've already received, they may not go out until next week. Hang tight!

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
let me know when they are available I am interestd.

Thanks!

Technically they're available now-- I just have a short-term transportation issue with them, which should be resolved over the next several days.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Pretty much the same deal as the 770 covers-- I have about 35 to 40 [updated] unused N800 faceplates (and *may* get a few more) in overall good condition. There may be fine scratches in some areas but nothing really bad.

To keep it simple, I'm using the same pricing. However, these things are even lighter and smaller than the 770 covers so postage should be cheap. Note that I will have to protect the faceplates from deflection which may make the packing just as bulky (I am using padded envelops and will add reinforcement).

The instructions and details are essentially a repeat from the 770 cover thread, with the exception that I am limiting shipment to 2 faceplates per person. See bottom of this page for faceplate removal instruction link.

1. Faceplates *may* have slight scratches or blemishes. However, as I noted above, these are generally good.

2. Faceplates will ship from the Fort Worth area, in Texas, USA, zip code 76248. They will be sent in padded envelopes with additional reinforcement (cardboard, newspaper, etc) as needed. I can get up to 2 faceplates in one pack.

3. Please calculate your own shipping based on your needs and the following criteria (changed; please read thoroughly before submitting a request):

-shipping is via the US Postal Service (www.usps.com)
-first faceplate is $2 for handling plus the shipping charges you calculate.
-every additional faceplate, up to 2 max, is another $1 for handling. Original shipping cost should not go up (these are very light).
-payment should be made to my paypal account, fabricator at cynicalsigns dot com (render into actual email address).
-make sure to include your full shipping info in the paypal payment; that's the only place I really need to see it.

4. Please do not email me unless you absolutely need to, and use the email address of my paypal account, not the address associated with this forum.

5. Please use this thread for general communications only; any messages including personal details should be via PM here.

6. If you intend to completely repaint the faceplate(s), or alter them significantly in any way, please let me know and I will send you ones with blemishes that won't matter in your use.

Note that there may be a slight delay between payment and shipping, but I'll get them out as soon as I can. I make no real profit from this endeavor.

EDIT: post for faceplate removal instructions--

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...plate?ipost=#9

YOU DA MAN!

I'm in for 2 they can be blemished but not scarred. I think I'll chrome one for kicks and grins and paint the other.

Paypal to follow when I get home.

It's a shame the faceplate isn't easier to pop out. Lots of opportunity for customization there...

How much weigth is the 2-faceplate (including the shipping material)?
I need to put the number in usps.com

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Texrat sing me up for 3.
Please let me know the total pay pal is on the way

Originally Posted by vtroneg View Post
How much weigth is the 2-faceplate (including the shipping material)?
I need to put the number in usps.com
Right now I have no way of knowing, because I have no scale that can tell. It's very light though... like maybe an ounce or 2.