Notices

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi!

Just got an update for "Facebook Widget" and "Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader" from Ovi repository...
New version is 0.5.5 (had 0.5.3 before)

Anyone knows what the changes are?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I was wondering the same as I find the old 1 useless

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Larnaca, Cyprus
Hey guys
Can anyone explain me why do I have 2 fb widgets? I have installed: Facebook Desktop Widget, Facebook Installer, Facebook Sharing Plugin, Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader, feedservice-plugin-fb-common.
whats the difference between these two? Do You have the same?

Most likely they fixed CPU consumption issues. Well, I hope they did!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by tombarud View Post
Hey guys
Can anyone explain me why do I have 2 fb widgets? I have installed: Facebook Desktop Widget, Facebook Installer, Facebook Sharing Plugin, Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader, feedservice-plugin-fb-common.
whats the difference between these two? Do You have the same?
From what I can tell:

Facebook Desktop Widget is just the widget on the desktop that gets your feed settings and shows them in a CPU intensive scrolling manor.

Facebook Sharing Plugin is the part that adds Facebook to the "Share via Service" menu for pictures and such.

Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader is a top-level pack the contains the above two packages.

Facebook Installer is for installing said widgets, you can nuke that if you like without affecting anything.

feedservice-plugin-fb-common I think this is for facebook IM and/or a library used to handle interfacing with facebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
feedservice refers to PixelPipe I believe

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
I just installed the update and I see nothing new.

Might just be a back-end update (something that you don't see but may be an improvement...or they may make it worse).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Senegal
I am having a very serious problem installing my Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader... Please, Who can help me out?. Thanks in advance!!