Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Really? How many tablets have you used? What can it do that other tablets can't?
It's a nice weight and thickness. Feels really sturdy. The screen is really sharp and clear, especially when watching films. Battery life is good. Lastu case finishes it off really well - cool stand and when folded back the back of the leather makes a nice soft backgrip.

Oh and it runs Sailfish. I can mess around with the system as much as I like. There aren't many apps in the store yet, but all the essential Android stuff is in the Aptoide one, and most native stuff that wasn't in the store or openrepos I cloned from github and built myself.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
It's a nice weight and thickness. Feels really sturdy. The screen is really sharp and clear, especially when watching films. Battery life is good. Lastu case finishes it off really well - cool stand and when folded back the back of the leather makes a nice soft backgrip.

Oh and it runs Sailfish. I can mess around with the system as much as I like. There aren't many apps in the store yet, but all the essential Android stuff is in the Aptoide one, and most native stuff that wasn't in the store or openrepos I cloned from github and built myself.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
You, but i wasnt referring strictly to you, and when you read so much comment of people complaining about open sourcing sailfish because we really like that...and saying that opensourcing it would take so much people to contribute..sorry but for me is really a contraddiction seeing that, an os very similar to sailfish and completely non commercial and opensource, hasnt anyone who gives a fuack. Saying i have no time is only an excuse, since they find so much time to post complaining and disappointing comments here. in addiction you can contribute in different manners. I am not able to code but i give my enthusiasm, spread this project and make donations. So we can exclude the first option. As well, we can exclude the second, since they really like sailfish and otherwise they shouldnt waste so much time posting about it if they dont care about it. the conclusion is easy:
too much, as in real world, want things just ready to use, free and well manteined. they are not going to waste effort in helping what they seems to like, they only want to enjoy it. And of course, if somehow the product isn't free, isn't open, or isn't perfect, ones who have spent their time on it are to blame. Too many directors, too little workers.
I don't disagree: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=359

I must say, though, that you are coming across as more of a director than a worker. A worker doesn't tell others what they should do.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
don't take me for a fool. i am only remarking what i personally find a contraddiction. and waiting for explaination just in order to understand. I am no one , i am neither into nemo mobile team.
I am not saying what some company should done with its money, i am only saying what i think people should to just avoid being in contraddiction with themselves. I was trying to understand their reason, inviting all them to explain it to me. maybe i am just missing something so i would like to understand.

to sum up: saying what Microsoft should (have) done without any role or investment into it is being a "director". saying what someone has to say just to not contraddict with action what they previously have stated, is completely different.
indeed i have so much times told that jolla abused of open source and soon words, and i can blame them for that. Of course i cannot do the same for what was their strategy/ decision in the market..

edit: i read your linked posted and i find that we agree on that. i quote every word you said

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-11-23 at 19:27.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
The current situation just proofs me that we are a strong community as we have an agile traffic on TMO and IRC channels. With this in mind everyone here should think positive. A community like this is something you can't buy for money;-)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, I don't think many blame them for trying to do their thing, first succeeding with a phone and then failing with a tablet. But why could Jolla be honest toward us? Don't you think we diserved that? Even now we have no clue but speculation.
Well, Marc has gone quiet since Spring, Stefano was tweeting the last 4-5 months about startups only. A split between h/w and s/w divisions was announced during summer, plus delays for the tablet, while updates were hardly improved core apps, and communication was scarce. Even slush last month, was talking about ... adventures. Not good signs I think, but equally it does not make sense for them to go public.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
The current situation just proofs me that we are a strong community as we have an agile traffic on TMO and IRC channels. With this in mind everyone here should think positive. A community like this is something you can't buy for money;-)
It's this community that kept me with N900, then N9, and now with Jolla!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Well.a community like this welcomes donations and membership to continue operations.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95856

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Well.a community like this welcomes donations and membership to continue operations.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95856
Regarding membership you may also follow my signature ...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
What I dont understand is:

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-operations/

They say that the first wave is sent... I was in the first wave, got NOTHING. Also, if you read the post, it also shows that they actually many tablets ready to be shipped....

Is the shipping costs just high? I really really dont understand it.

IF they do NOT have the tablets at all... Then I call this a fraud.
And I'm sure there are some laws for this either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: