Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Hey marxian, what comes down with the qml version? I've got "qt hotfixes" "qtquick 1.0 compatabilty plugin" and "tar-gnu" in ma install apps list. Cheers dude
mcsp and ffmpeg.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Do I have to connect it to Twitter or Facebook to get it to work?
Everything else is already set under account sharing.
I didn't, all I did was turn on "Subscribe to a channel" and it worked.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
mcsp and ffmpeg.
Er.. I meant or should have said, what gets installed with the qml version? If none of the things i listed above gets installed then what are they n why have i got em?? I also installed that tracker-cfg thing u mentioned before but uninstalled it straight away. That anything to do with it? Sorry if its nowt to do with your app but i never noticed em before. Cheers

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Er.. I meant or should have said, what gets installed with the qml version? If none of the things i listed above gets installed then what are they n why have i got em?? I also installed that tracker-cfg thing u mentioned before but uninstalled it straight away. That anything to do with it? Sorry if its nowt to do with your app but i never noticed em before. Cheers
mcsp depends on libqt4-bearer-hotfix and qtquickcompat, so they are installed when you install my package qmltube.

tar-gnu is unrelated to qmltube.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
mcsp depends on libqt4-bearer-hotfix and qtquickcompat, so they are installed when you install my package qmltube.

tar-gnu is unrelated to qmltube.
Good stuff cheers mate

The resolution offered by the 'high quality' setting depends on the video. Newer videos are 640x360, but older videos will be 480x270 (assuming they are 16:9 ratio). There is no difference between the two applications. Both obtain the same URL.

On the search filters, these will be added soon once I decide on the best way to implement it as far as the UI is concerned.
i suggest putting the implementation in the menu button then to search filters then a list of filters. the search filters r very useful and time saving for me. no sense in scrolling down a long list to look for what i want.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
@Marxian,
This may be a fix for qml video element on N900.
http://www.mail-archive.com/qt-mobil.../msg00195.html I was hoping a build-in video player for cutetube will be implemented soon, going back and forth between media player and cutetube is kinda affecting user experience on this great app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Could the info tab have an indicator of the quality of the video that will be downladed? I'm actually more interested in the quality of the *audio*, but I guess that probably isn't available.

Could there be a preference to save downloads as audio only by default?

I'm on a roll today...

When a download is saved as audio only, it'd be neat if it could get an album cover embedded in its ID3 tag. It's pretty tough to find the correct album cover, but as a first approximation, a still of the video is another good visual.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube