Notices

the concept is clear i searched a lot but there is no software that can make N900 send receive files over wifi. A new software called Dukto for symbian and many other platforms is available but no support for maemo.
Any one can reply on this....pls
Era of bluetooth is gonna end just like Infrared.

You can use droopy or woof.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=woof

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richard.lawry View Post
the concept is clear i searched a lot but there is no software that can make N900 send receive files over wifi. A new software called Dukto for symbian and many other platforms is available but no support for maemo.
Any one can reply on this....pls
Era of bluetooth is gonna end just like Infrared.
What do you mean there is no software to make the n900 send and receive files over wifi?

I've been using scp to do that with my n900 every day for over a year.

I set up rsync to automatically synchronise with my laptop over wifi at 5pm every day. There are actually many solutions for this.

You can also mount nfs and cifs shares with Wizard Mounter and just use the file manager to copy files on and off the n900.

I use KDE and so have my n900 file system mounted via ssh/scp as a folder too. You can do the same with Windows.

I use rsync to synchronise any music, video, or other folders I want on my n900.

I use dropbox to get and recieve files from the "cloud".

If you can tell us more about what you want to do we can provide more options.

Last edited by paulkoan; 2010-12-14 at 01:18.

all you people know is technical and complicated softwares which are incomplete. I am talking about a simple software which can give us extra option of sending files over wifi to any other device which has wifi capability. PLS give me detailed simple instructions if you know one.
also tell where i can download.

just google search 'Dukto' and you will know how simple that software is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richard.lawry For This Useful Post:
another solution would be sshfs but its about the same level of complexity as the previous answers

Originally Posted by richard.lawry View Post
all you people know is technical and complicated softwares which are incomplete. I am talking about a simple software which can give us extra option of sending files over wifi to any other device which has wifi capability. PLS give me detailed simple instructions if you know one.
also tell where i can download.
1. Install WizardMounter from the repos.

2. Launch it.

3. Set up a new connection (what is called a mount) to a shared folder/drive on the same network. For folders on Windows machines, use 'SAMBA'.

4. Go into File Manager and copy files to and from your device.

Pretty easy if you ask me.

-DJ

Dukto itself is not available for maemo, nor is there anything that works in the same way (aside from the technical, complicated and incomplete suggestions already made).

You haven't described any further examples of how you want to transfer files, other than to refer to dukto again.

So unfortunately, the answer is "no", there is no application that does what you want.

Perhaps you could contact the dukto author and see if they are interested in porting their app to maemo - they have most other platforms covered.

Failing that you may have to learn something new.

in simple words.....
just like we get options for sending as
send via bluetooth
send via MMS
send via infrared

I want extra one more option

send via wifi

and the other wifi enabled device when searches for available wlan
it should get connected with my device and recieve that file.

I hope you understood that.....

Well so far I am so glad you guys are trying to help me as far as you can.....really the maemo community rocks.

Tags
file transfer