Notices

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi people! Haven't been here in a while. I'm proud to announce our new game "Defense Gear" is available for Maemo now. It's a 3D tower defense game with some twists (targeting areas and manual aiming on demand, etc.) We're in a competition again, so please support the Android version by downloading and rating, it's available on Google Play and would mean a lot to us.

As far as Maemo version is concerned, I guess it's a game that should run at 60 fps, but I'm no Carmack and I set it up in a way that (mostly) holds 30 fps. It's made for Androids primarily, which are diverse, and the game can scale with frameskip and detail settings. Defaults are 30 fps, medium-res textures and high geometry and effects. That's a preset I'm happy with on my N900. If you want to tinker around, you can open up settings.ini and set frameskip to 1 (target 60 fps) lower the settings in-game, overclock and whatnot. Antialiasing setting doesn't do anything, didn't have the time to remove the checkbox. Also, as with my previous games, I still don't know a way to enable VSync, so there will be some tearing. All in all, I think it's a playable port. For now, I'll just post the archive for advanced and adventurous users to try out for now. Please let me know if you have any problems running or have any general feedback. Depending on how you transfer the game on your phone, you may need to do something like this:
Code:
sudo chown -R user ./DefGear-maemo
cd DefGear-maemo
chmod +x ./RevDefense
UPDATE: DEB is now available. Install it through GUI or with sudo dpkg -i Defense_Gear_1.1.0-0_armel.deb

Download DEB from Dropbox (thanks ade!)

Download TAR.GZ from Dropbox

Android version on Google Play (please rate!)

Our Facebook page (join in if you like what we do)

Previous games:
Reverstris Lite
Red Roll

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Last edited by TheBurek; 2012-12-15 at 11:38. Reason: Misspell

The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
OMG !

it seems great , i really love this kind games

any plan for N9 version ?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaKenZi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Thank you for your contribution!
Nice game,gonna try it ASAP!

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2012-12-07 at 17:31. Reason: A letter.

Originally Posted by MaKenZi View Post
OMG !

it seems great , i really love this kind games

any plan for N9 version ?
I don't have a N9, nor any SDK (or experience) for it at the moment. I'd need to take a good look at those first. Any quick tips from other developers would be welcome.

@Half-Life_4_Life, thanks, always a pleasure

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Awesome, tower defense is always good!

Edit: Ok, Wow. Litteraly blew my mind. Good graphics and extremely smooth. (900MHZ). The 3d aspect is awesome. Was expecting a normal top view but this is awesome. Will soon install this on my Nexus 7 and give some rating

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-12-07 at 17:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Edit: Ok, Wow. Litteraly blew my mind. Good graphics and extremely smooth. (900MHZ). The 3d aspect is awesome. Was expecting a normal top view but this is awesome. Will soon install this on my Nexus 7 and give some rating
Thank you very much! Glad you liked it I looked around and couldn't find any tower defense games in 3D for Android, it could be the first. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, this was my biggest technological leap yet, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
wow thanks for the port!
i'll try it on an S3 and give rating as well.

EDIT: but please still support the N900. the S3's my wife's, the N900 is mine and I'm the one who plays tower defense games.

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-07 at 18:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
I don't have a N9, nor any SDK (or experience) for it at the moment. I'd need to take a good look at those first. Any quick tips from other developers would be welcome.

@Half-Life_4_Life, thanks, always a pleasure
very thanks for your game
plz port it for N9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farfary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Poland/Polska
Pease make for Nokia n9

The Following User Says Thank You to Blimer For This Useful Post:
Another awesome game, thank you TheBurek.

btw, I'm still playing Reverstris, best Tetris clone ever IMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post: