Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Thread will die so early?
Hmmmm...
I wasn't planning to release it now though, think of it as an appetizer, for the big main dish...

NITDroid N12 Umay eMMC autoinstaller, an interactive script which allows you to install NITDroid N12 successfully on your eMMC with a tap!

To run:
Code:
root
sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid_installer.sh.txt
Note: you should have Kernel-Power installed, I will release another Kernel-Power-non-dependent version tomorrow.

I hope everybody now enjoys NITDroid

how to uninstall it?

Hmmmm...
I wasn't planning to release it now though, think of it as an appetizer, for the big main dish...

NITDroid N12 Umay eMMC autoinstaller, an interactive script which allows you to install NITDroid N12 successfully on your eMMC with a tap!

To run:
Code:
root
Note: you should have Kernel-Power installed, I will release another Kernel-Power-non-dependent version tomorrow.

Be careful of 2nd mount on line 110. Remove it or do a 'umount' before it to be sure. Sometimes you can get issues mounting multiple times in Maemo I think from memory.

Looks good though

Hmmmm...

To run:
Code:
root

i did same as the code has been mentioned was sucessfull.
BUT now i am not getting maemo option in the multiboot and if iam pressing "0" iam getting an message error of "GURU MEDITATION "

I AM ABLE TO USE NITDROID BUT WHAT ABOUT MAEMO

PLEASE HELP GIVE ANY SOLUTION

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Did you have the latest version of KP installed prior of the installation of NITDroid? I tested this isuue thoroughly, very thoroughly.

did you have the latest version of kp installed prior of the installation of nitdroid? I tested this isuue thoroughly, very thoroughly.
there was latest kernal installed v48

now iam going to flash my phone as this is my primary phone if any solution is there that we can do from android terminal please let me know

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Did you have the latest version of KP installed prior of the installation of NITDroid? I tested this isuue thoroughly, very thoroughly.
I still can't make it work, the olny error msg I get is something like " can't make dir ' and ': file exist

any thoughts?

Rod

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I just tried the new autoinstaller, had no luck. After the "downloading large file" window, it doesnt appear to download anything, is only on this screen for a second, then suddenly says complete. Multiboot wasnt installed either.

I've previously done the manual emmc install and that worked fine, since reflashed completely. Ideas?

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by sansar95 View Post
there was latest kernal installed v48

now iam going to flash my phone as this is my primary phone if any solution is there that we can do from android terminal please let me know
You will need to add available boot menu to boot via power kernel, which I guess can't be done easily via android, better flash kernel only from pc.

kernel-power not installed! Bailing out...

i tried using app manager to install the kernel (nitroid-kernel-2.6.28.07_rc3_armel)

but it says unable to install. i read the details part and it says something about mounting to /and...

but the only mounting instructions i was able to find were for SD cards..im trying to multiboot NITDroid with maemo using internal memory. help!

ok after using the auto installer when phone is rebooted i only have kernel-power option in multiboot no nitdroid option.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid