Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Hehe, i meant, i haven't installed python-mokoui yet

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
how can I disable the rubberband effect?
You currently cannot disable it completely (i.e. disable the possibility to "overscroll") at runtime (it's a patch applied at compile-time, "debian/spring2.patch" in the source package).

However, the following worked for me and makes the content "jump back" into position instead of slowly dragging back into position (in Python):

Code:
fs.set_property('spring-speed', 0)
Or in GTK+/C, set the "spring-speed" property of the MokoFingerScroll GObject to 0.0.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Ok, I tried it an I've got two questions:
I'm using a derived CellRendererText for the cells...
1) Do I really have to set the "mode" property of the renderer to gtk.CELL_RENDERER_MODE_ACTIVATABLE to be able to receive events when the cell is clicked/touched?
2) Is it possible to prevent the cells from changing to "selected" mode when they are clicked/touched?

Originally Posted by branitar View Post
Ok, I tried it an I've got two questions:
I'm using a derived CellRendererText for the cells...
1) Do I really have to set the "mode" property of the renderer to gtk.CELL_RENDERER_MODE_ACTIVATABLE to be able to receive events when the cell is clicked/touched?
Maybe, yes (means: sorry, I don't know

2) Is it possible to prevent the cells from changing to "selected" mode when they are clicked/touched?
You can "connect" to the button press and button release event and return True (in C: TRUE) in that handler to prevent other button press and button release handlers from being invoked, effectively preventing cells from being selected when they are touched.

Last edited by thp; 2008-12-23 at 13:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Hmmm I think I found a bug or something: set property "mode" to 1 (kinetic scrolling), do some scrolling, then set it to 0 (normal/push scrolling ). The rubberband effect when you get to the end of the list will be gone then. you get it back, when you set "mode" back to 1, but in normal mode you can scroll the list out of the viewport and it wont come back.
Can anyone confirm that?

Originally Posted by branitar View Post
Hmmm I think I found a bug or something: set property "mode" to 1 (kinetic scrolling), do some scrolling, then set it to 0 (normal/push scrolling ). The rubberband effect when you get to the end of the list will be gone then. you get it back, when you set "mode" back to 1, but in normal mode you can scroll the list out of the viewport and it wont come back.
Can anyone confirm that?
Please file a bug at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libmokoui2

Thanks!

Well, I'm not sure whether it is a real bug or whether I just f...ed up something. that's why i wanted some confirmation

P.S: Reported it.

Last edited by branitar; 2009-01-03 at 18:03.

Thanks! I've subscribed myself to that bug and will update the Maemo package when they provide a fixed version of that package.

Tags
finger, gtk, python, scroll, widget