Active Topics

My SII arrived today and can honestly say until you see the screen no words really do justice to it. It is amazing. Speed is awesome - rooting was easy. My only complaint so far is that it seems to get hot... haven't had any reboots yet but it was definitely toasty while I was using it to browse the web/flash extensively. I have since installed the 10.3 flash update and haven't been able to replicate that level of warmth again.

Wont post a full review since there are many already out there.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
I wonder what is better on a 4.0 inch glass.

A 800x480 (233PPI) SAMOLED+ Or a qHD screen (275PPI) with PenTile configuration?

Does the benefits of a greater pixel density outweigh the downfalls of the PenTile display?
Anyone fondled the Galaxy SII and the Atrix 4G, and lived to tell the tale?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
@inzimam

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. It's a real shame some idiots here take things so personally when someone dares to suggest the view might be better if they extract their heads from their arses, but there you go.

I do hope the roasting some gave you will not be your over-riding memory when you look back on Maemo.

I reluctantly agree with nearly all you have to say; I still use my N900 but my 'transitional device' - " N8 is proving more use for more of the time these days.

That said, I can't yet bring myself to part with my N900; it is such a great reference device with which to judge new developments - most of which fall short of the N900's standards in so many areas.

I too looked at the SGS2 (as a replacement for my N8) and it is so awesome! That screen is the best I've ever seen and the device is so fast. Not as fast as switching between open apps on the N900, IMO, but faster than anything else I've seen.

As you'll know, speed is largely governed by data coverage and quality here in the UK and I found some lag in the SGS2 away from 3G. I found the camera to be excellent - about 70% as good as my N8 I'd say, which is quite an achievement.

The SGS2 was praised by Steve Litchfield of All About Symbian and The Phones Show - and that guy knows his devices well, so you are in good company!

The only things that stopped me buying one were the rather thin-sounding speaker, poor flash (once you've had xenon you won't go back) and - biggest of all for me, the cheap-feeling build quality; I really feel this device warranted an N8 / HTC Desire-type alloy case to reflect the internal quality and potential.

Good luck with your new device, and come back to see us soon.

Steve Barker

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Good move getting out of the N900. Waste of money!

Originally Posted by berty View Post
Good move getting out of the N900. Waste of money!
I have actually never considered my N900 a waste of money. Far from it. I will be keeping it for several admin tasks and other things. The SII is a great addition to my arsenal.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
I got it for £510 but I took out a contract which came free with a HTC Sensation which I sold for £550.
wow that's like 820 CAD I would never pay more then 600 CAD , I hope the price will come down

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I also moved to SGS2.
N900 is restin in its pack next to the N95.
Wont sell it.

SGS has got amazing multimedia management overall. And I wont introduce Cortex A9.

Keyboard is missing, but swype makes input really easy and fast.

If you are thinking about to move to SGS2, do not hasitate!

Last time i tried android, there was no free application in market using which i could play custom icecast streams. That is a deal-breaker to me since N900 mediaplayer does that out of the box.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
soon the heating problem will be realised and you guys will be back to N900.there is alot more left .see u when i see u.

the biggest deal for me, really is the multitasking, and I've been using NitDroid for a while and I just can't seem to integrate with it personally.

Tags
android, fight!, who gives a fok, woohoo