Notices

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Is it possible that this is not a problem with OMP then? Or should I keep looking for a solution? Does stock media player display everything correctly?
No: cyrillic m3u playlist file names are indeed shown incorrectly.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Isn't it possible to make OMP "plugable", i.e. make it such a way, that additional package - be it from -devel or whatever - can be installed, providing said functionality (tracks recognition)?

I'm not talking about real plug-in's system, just separating two things.
I guess splitting it into another executable and checking for its presence could do. Having a separate application for recognizing music is maybe even a better idea than other kinds of pluggability.

BTW: for people who are desperate for this feature, I recommend a player called Instinctiv.

Originally Posted by ildar View Post
No: cyrillic m3u playlist file names are indeed shown incorrectly.
If that was the only problem on my side, then it's already fixed and will appear in the next update.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If that was the only problem on my side, then it's already fixed and will appear in the next update.
Sounds great, thank you. Speaking of "the only problem", may I remind of the clicks during playback?

The Following User Says Thank You to ildar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ildar View Post
Sounds great, thank you. Speaking of "the only problem", may I remind of the clicks during playback?
Unfortunately this is somewhat more complicated than it may seem and will not appear in today's update. Moreover, I consider it a bug only in half, because I kind of like those clicks.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
found one (very, very minor ):
if you change the volume via screen (not hw-keys) and tap above the bar, it doesn't close the volume bar, it changes between playlist/current song;
while it closes volume bar in stock player.

and thanks for the great (and continuing) work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
Thanks for pointing out the difference, but after pondering it for a while I decided to leave it the old way, because it gives more feeling of multitasking to the interface.

The package just finished building, so expect it to appear in the repositories in a while.
  • Enabled previous/next buttons for UPnP videos.
  • Added missing keyboard shortcuts to the playlist browser.
  • Fixed a bug with the progress slider sometimes being unnecessarliy disabled.
  • Fixed problems with UTF-8 in names of playlists and UPnP shares.
  • Fixed wrong song being selected when different kinds of files are present in one UPnP directory.
  • Shiny icon.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@gidzzz: progress bar i now playing window, should remain static and with fixed width... now (when listening to over 100 minute mixes), numbers which state a current time in song shrink a progress bar when supress that 100 minute (or add another digit)....
same is with numbers that represents a overall length of a track (on a right side of the progress bar)

now.... i have something else in mind for the portrait orientation, and with viewing a playlist in now playing window... (just a something to think about):
first of all, thank you for listening my advise about shrinking album art in portrait by tapping to show playlist instead of progress bar, BUT now i have maybe a better proposition for that:
how about this for example:
you are in now playing window, and progress bar is shown... you want to see playlist (current), and you tap on album art, and it show you in whole display, a current pls, with no album art, and with only that familiar PLAY button in lower right corner, that you press, and go back to progress bar, and album art.

in that way, you see a lot more of the pls, and you don't even need a control buttons in that view (tap on song is play by default)

i can explain you graphically if you don't understand anything from my post

best regards

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Add new streaming bookmark in internet radio and all stations will be repeated twice.

Also I have three stations while it shows there are four (while in main view).

One more thing does anyone knows why my friends laptop (wifi turned on) is shown at the bottom left of the media player? What can I do with it, clicking it will take me to empty window with busy rotating icon at top.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
videos doesnot play. when i click on a video. it only loads. black screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
is it played via stock-player?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse