Active Topics

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Just a quick thought I was interested in is to how many people on this
Forum actually still use n900 today as their main phone?

Since its release I've had and owned around 7 N900s sold one got iPhone sold iPhone back to n900 sold that got n9 sold that back to n900 you can get where I'm going with it.

I missed it so much I always had to go bak to it but when I had it I got more frustrated with little things as of now

I own two n900s ones dead from cssu devel and I have no USB port so it's gone. 2nd one I have is in mint well almost mint condition which I just bought few weeks ago. Started using it as main phone but it just sits on tv now and I'm using my iphone 4 (yes I know) and a galaxy s3 and android is super customisable but I'm honestly sick and tired of android I really am. Plus as I get older the thought of hacking and tweaking devices is just not as fun as it used to be hence why I'm using iPhone.

Anyway so the question was how many of you still to this day 3/4 years later still using the n900 and why?
Me.. The N900 is not dead, like a punk.. It is still alive..

Last edited by voste; 2013-02-27 at 10:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voste For This Useful Post:
Well - I'd love to, but the GSM-Module has stopped working. Thats why I am on a N9 now.. sadly. The rest is working fine, I power it up sometimes, and back my mail up on it (just fetching some mail via wi-fi) or use it as additional alarm-clock..

The Following User Says Thank You to greenstorm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Still using as my main phone and I'm only just getting my head around what I can do with it. Loads of fun. I occasionally fire up the nexus s to see what's new but get bored within 5 minutes

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I'm still using my N900 as my main phone.

I do own a Galaxy S2, with which I have rooted and tried lots of different ROMS... For me, Android just doesn't cut it, I got a bit fed up with the pretend multi-tasking and the fact that you have to root an Android device to be able to gain full control. However I do love my Nexus 7, as I can run ubuntu etc on it. (Sorry unrelated)

The market kind of does my head in, all these "free" apps that then say "actually, to use this feature that you really need, buy the PRO version"

Also, since I'm a geek, I just love my N900, I can mess with whatever I want, sure it isn't as fast, but at least I can view websites while listening to music and ssh'ing to my machine at home... and all at the same time

Maybe Android 4.2.2 will have real multitasking?

Last edited by AliasXZ; 2013-02-27 at 12:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AliasXZ For This Useful Post:
As of last wednesday i upgraded to a galaxy note 2, i didn't post a reply until now mainly because i wanted to give the note 2 a firm test and if i didn't like it and sent it back and go back to my N900..

I'm not going to post what i think about the note 2 but what i will post is my appreciation to this community and support it has given me over the last 3 years, i have great memories of people i have had conversations with and big thanks to those who have helped me.

I will still keep my N900 as a backup phone and visit these boards from time to time to check if there are any new emulators (hopefully a new mame) released and try and offer any help to anyone struggling with current releases.

Well done to those who have kept this community going the future is still looking bright may it keep going for many years.

This isn't a goodbye as such it's more of a ' i'm moving out of town but my auntie still lives here and i will visit her now and again ' kind a thing.

Good health too all and stay safe.

see you around.

Bazza

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
I still have my N900 it just needs to be paired. I have bought a G2X 2 years ago and a GS3 andI just can't get into the Android scene. I wish Nokia didn't go with shitty *** MS. I will be getting an N9 this week though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sub-Negro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Noone really does use it as their daily phone. Proof? I haven't seen one in public for years, even the n9 is rarely seen in any city.
I know a guy who's a bit of a Linux junkie. He uses his N900 as his main phone. And sadly, I don't see a lot of N9s around in my place.

The Following User Says Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Originally Posted by n0x View Post
I know a guy who's a bit of a Linux junkie. He uses his N900 as his main phone. And sadly, I don't see a lot of N9s around in my place.
I use my N900 daily as I'm a big Linux fan, so that makes 2

The Following User Says Thank You to AliasXZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Hungary
ofcourse n900!

got it for less then 60GPB from a buddy. i talked him around to selling it to me for this price rather then on secondhand pages for more, knowing that it gets to the right place [stays in the family!] as i grew up on linux and love geek devices.

i cant get off of it,really.have to have it in a few meters radius otherwise i get the uncomfortable feeling..

i do check the market from time to time, but have to admit that theres no true replacement out there, and as of Maemo, there won't even be.

I really dont care about the occassional sluggish operation and low battery life..i can handle it.
this is how love works: fills the gaps.

Android is a no go for me neither Symbian.
iPhone? not that i dont find if useful or such and i do suggest it to my friends, but its not my cup of tee.
only possible replacement would be the winmos, but not until this one dies.
and as many of you said before: and not until the spare one dies!

god bless N900

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
I have two N900's. Used as primary and secondary. Planning to buy a third. Would use nothing else.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900