Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Time for a post ...
Attached Images

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I fear it already has ended; we're just in denial. Once we get past that denial, then we can concentrate on proper alternatives.

Heh, so far we're going back to failed hardware stories that are, from my recollection, over two years old.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I fear it already has ended; we're just in denial. Once we get past that denial, then we can concentrate on proper alternatives.

Heh, so far we're going back to failed hardware stories that are, from my recollection, over two years old.
Actually I am very pleased that , can now continue using my 2012 7" Amazon Kindle with Fire OS.
The Jolla tablet, I never felt good about it, what it was (outdated, metoo resource hog), how it got presented ("THE Jolla tablet, intimite industrial hangar session, is not needed for just generic OEM tablet) and where it led the UX of Sailfish.

Kindle: I have paid about ~40 Euro's for it after I found a bricked 5 Euro mint one locally (thought I would fix it but couldn't after all) then purchased 2nd hand motherboard from Ebay

Advantages over Jolla tablet:

-low light reading without hurting the eyes in complete dark
-superior loudspeaker performance compared to Jolla
-drop-ability: hard plastic, rounded corners
-huge bezels, easy to handle without involuntary touch actions
-I can easily replace battery myself and can assemble the device in the dark
-somewhat choice of OS thanks to http://www.perfectlyandroid.com/
-it runs Firefox natively
-it has HDMI out (what were they thinking)
-one click convenience to install full Android for only USD 20
-very low cost (paid only 40 Euro)
-no suffering of frustration that things don't move the direction I hoped for with Sailfish/Maemo/Pureview: it already sucks so I can just use it till it breaks and it is perfect for just reading / watching / listening stuff and that's it.

Disadvantage:

-little bit low ram with only 1GB
-can't extend beyond 16GB
-wouldn't trust the available OS'es with my address book so I just keep some dummy data

A tablet with Saiflish is inevitable but I'd rather seen the first many almost discarded 3rd party ex-Android tablets fully working on Sailfish.

Of course I will pay for the license.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, you might not know it but Ive located jolla...

https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/...tor/jolla-ltd/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Fool me twice...

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys, you might not know it but Ive located jolla...

https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/...tor/jolla-ltd/
They seem to be Jolla "LTD" now?

Are they a new company, as this appears to be a new trading name?

Most likely it's the same company using international designation LTD instead of Finnish designation Oy.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
So... Any news about refunds or delivered tablets? Anybody know if the tablets are of the 32 or 64 Gb variety? If there is only one kind then it would seem possibe you could get one even if you were not one of the first peope that ordered. But if you ordered the wrong kind you have no chance. For example if you ordered 64gb and only 32gb were made you are out of luck. But if, say, 500 32gb tablets were made and half the folks ordered 64 gb then it is possible that your order number was 950 and you could still get one! Unfortunately this would likely not help me as I'm still too far down the line but just a thought for others to consider.

Also, as this is a leap year Jolla has an extra day to get stuff out by end of February so there's plenty of time!

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Most likely it's the same company using international designation LTD instead of Finnish designation Oy.
I thought that Jolla LTD is that company in Hong Kong? Am I wrong?

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I thought that Jolla LTD is that company in Hong Kong? Am I wrong?
I guess so.

https://jolla.com/about/

Jolla Ltd., the mobile company from Finland, is developing mobile devices and Sailfish OS, the independent mobile operating system. The Jolla smartphone, powered by Sailfish OS was introduced to the public in Finland in late-November 2013. Currently Jolla smartphones are available all over Europe, Hong Kong, India and Russia.

Also their Linkedin page tells that Jolla LTD HQ is located in Helsinki. The one in Hong Kong is Jolla Asia LTD.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
So... Any news about refunds or delivered tablets?
Soon...

(at least 10 characters)

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund