Hi guys !
I am a newbie to Nokia N9!
I'm coming from Android(Galaxy Nexus) and I wanted to tried Meego and the best design phone in the planet.
But I'm a little lost in this new world without to many apps.
Can someone direct me for any tips and tweaks so I can work without lags.Because I thinks the phone has some lags with the PR1.2.
thanks in advance!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to searius For This Useful Post:
You know I was going to create a similar topic as I will be getting mine in the next couple of days

I am interested in what would be the best first steps for a new (soon to be) n9 user. Can anyone please post some tips?

Thanks in advance

let it run for couple of days. The new indexing takes a while and make the phone lag, once that part is done (indexing) it will be smooth again. And if you are facing terrible lag issues you might want to ask Lumiaman for help as he seems to be the only one in the forum with extreme lag which no other member have experienced.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
let it run for couple of days. The new indexing takes a while and make the phone lag, once that part is done (indexing) it will be smooth again. And if you are facing terrible lag issues you might want to ask Lumiaman for help as he seems to be the only one in the forum with extreme lag which no other member have experienced.
What do you mean with the new indexing?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by searius View Post
What do you mean with the new indexing?
After updating to 1.2, the phone creates index of the files on the device for fast searching. That can cause lag for a while.

If you continue to have lag problems, do one of these:

1) Install Resource Monitor from Nokia Store
2) Enable developer mode, start Terminal, enter 'top' in the terminal.

See if there's any process there that's using much CPU.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
If you upgraded your phone to PR1.2 after purchasing it, you might want to consider reflashing it to PR1.2 instead. The upgrade itself seems to be the cause of the lag. Follow this guide and do a "comprehensive reset".

Also, Arie claims that installing INCEPTION helps with the lag - I have no idea why this would be the case, but trying it can't hurt.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by searius View Post
Hi guys !
I am a newbie to Nokia N9!
I'm coming from Android(Galaxy Nexus) and I wanted to tried Meego and the best design phone in the planet.
But I'm a little lost in this new world without to many apps.
Can someone direct me for any tips and tweaks so I can work without lags.Because I thinks the phone has some lags with the PR1.2.
thanks in advance!
I think this is the thread your looking for:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78598