Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I understand all that, but while they can't legally preinstall GPS their quote could be construed as 'you can install run GPS on the Turing phone yourself thanks to the AD engine'

"Turing Phone supports Google Play Store and Android apps via the Alien Dalvik engine running on the Sailfish OS 2.0,"

PS. | remain sceptical of their ability to roll this device out in the near future, and wouldn't dream of parting with any money on a pre-order.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I understand all that, but while they can't legally preinstall GPS their quote could be construed as 'you can install run GPS on the Turing phone yourself thanks to the AD engine'

"Turing Phone supports Google Play Store and Android apps via the Alien Dalvik engine running on the Sailfish OS 2.0,"

PS. | remain sceptical of their ability to roll this device out in the near future, and wouldn't dream of parting with any money on a pre-order.
That might be what they are going for, but I haven't seen BlackBerry (Android layer on BB10), Amazon (Kindle Fire) or Jolla (Alien Dalvik from Myriad Group) making such claims (and seeing how important Google Play is to customers, they must have thought about it), so I guess Google would go after them pretty hard if they did.

EDIT:
Plus they would be pretty much motivating people to pirate Gapps, which is quite shady in the first place.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-02-26 at 16:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
What's the issue? It's not that complicated.
Perfectly elaborated! Thank you.

It is so blatantly hilarious to claim, i can not help but abreviate from there on the whole turing security thing propably being also a bluff.

imho, turing had intention to develop such security features but failed long ago. Problem is, they actually promissed earlier backers to deliver them a QSAlpha -> 128GB turing phone.
Now they claim all remotely possible sailfish features (ssh sailfish secure anyone?, hacking the playstore) to keep the promisses made to earlier backers from failed crowdfundings and hide behind "propriatary concepts" in case of security.

It looks like a house of cards to me.
But hey, on all questions anyone asks to TRI on one of theyr six facebook pages, theyr answere is "Details will be unveild to the public in march". Hooray.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Liquidmetal or liquid metal?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...s-liquidmetal/

Also Omega use Liquidmetal for they're watches.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Just a thought, but is anyone here close enough to Salo to drive by and see if there's a parking lot full of cars or any other sign of a substantial workforce there? If they're actually planning to crank out phones soon(TM) the industrial engineers and technicians would have to have been at work for months (24/7 like the IE burnout farms do) getting a shuttered factory back up and running with a new production line.
I am i can try, but i think they are not get any logos there yet

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I am i can try, but i think they are not get any logos there yet
it's in your hands now Makeclick... You know what to do ! Go now and report back to us soon...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nestori View Post
There's no way they'd be shipping on April. From Salo at least.

I'm just wondering that what is the scam at the moment if they are not accepting new pre-orders? To get financial support from investors?
I think the scam is on the finnish government technology financing program. Since MS laid off so many people there the Salo area is classified as an emergency-change-of-economy-area (hätärakenemuutosalue).
This means that the government has special funds available for startups that promise to create employment there... I guess you will see the picture

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I think the scam is on the finnish government technology financing program. Since MS laid off so many people there the Salo area is classified as an emergency-change-of-economy-area (hätärakenemuutosalue).
This means that the government has special funds available for startups that promise to create employment there... I guess you will see the picture
Do they touch the money, or is it 'we will fund half salary for employees' type of deal? If the latter will be hard for them to scam without actually reducing unemployment in the area (whether they produce phones is another matter). Man this went quickly from 100% scam to 'they talked about salo in Aug 2014, they could get few million investment from this or that gov source...' rather quickly

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
They have received funding from European Union and Tekes
Puzzlephone also tekes? Looks like finland is betting big on resetting production. Wonder if jolla also got tekes funding, are these public info?
EDIT: would this force them to move to SFOS to get the funds? Coordinating funding so they cooperate rather than compete?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yes, everybody here gets funding if they talk smooth and fast. The government is desperate to create new economy.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone