Active Topics

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
anyone can help to answer my question ?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
So far, no. In the future.. maybe..

Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
anyone can help to answer my question ?
If N9 is going to shipped with Meego as rumors we've heard
and same core OS already ported to N900,...
then for Core Components I think it would be similar
but for proprietory apps from Nokia comes with it will not be found
on ported Meego for N900.

Which one will be released first? PR 1.3 or Usable Meego with Handset UX adapted for N900?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
if a Harmattan HE ever comes to n900 i believe it would have same UI as N9.
but safe bet is to go MeeGo 1.1+ route with your N900 least then the OS on your N900 is somewhat future-proof with updates and OS upgrades.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by mesz View Post
If N9 is going to shipped with Meego as rumors we've heard
and same core OS already ported to N900,...
then for Core Components I think it would be similar
but for proprietory apps from Nokia comes with it will not be found
on ported Meego for N900.

Which one will be released first? PR 1.3 or Usable Meego with Handset UX adapted for N900?
N9 ships with Harmattan which is not real MeeGo
it was in development long before MeeGo was even a little sperm in Maemo or Moblins sack

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
If you mean "that" UI, MeeGo 1.0, posted on YouTube, yes, I think N900 already has it. But I guess It's not possible to say that if that UI is the same as which will be shipped with N9, since N9 is not officially announced or any screenshots/videos posted -again, officially- about it yet.

Anyway, Its highly possible to use it on N900 too, It's an open-source software -like Hildon- and If somebody puts enough effort on it, It can be ported.

As far as I remember, Hakulinen said "PR1.3 is soon" and It comes with Dualbooting to MeeGo feature, so It would be meaningless to release MeeGo for N900 without dualboot feature, I think PR1.3 will be released first, then MeeGo for N900 will follow.

Last edited by Aranel; 2010-10-18 at 09:38.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
It seems that Nokia probabely will use its own UI on N9.
Different from the MeeGo UX.

Nokia will use their own UX as seen in some leaked youtube videos that were quickly pulled by nokia.

Thing is people have manage to port the ENTIRE Android OS over to N900 which isn't officially supported by Android. Meaning that I am almost certain some or many of the clever minds on this forum will very easily port the Nokia MeeGo UXand put it into a MeeGo image that will run on the N900 as soon as they can get their hands on it

Who cares tbh? Its basically a system wide theme and the stock MeeGo one is perfectly adequate for everyday use until more themes and UX are released.

Hope this helps

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
It seems that Nokia probabely will use its own UI on N9.
Different from the MeeGo UX.
Yes, the Harmattan UX..

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
So far the N9 is vaporware. Nokia will do an announcement regarding MeeGo this year, but nothing official is said about the N9.