Active Topics

Hi

I have a big problem with my N900. I can't connect it to my PC. I know that I'm supposed to choose PC Suite mode on the phone, when I plugin the USB-cable. But I'm not asked about how I want to connect. Thus I'm unable to use it with PC Suite, because the phone is connected in a "incompatible mode". I have tried to contact Nokia regarding this, but they cannot give me a useful answer. I have also reinstalled PC Suite many times.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

What do I do?

you need to discard if is you phone or the pc.

try with back usb connectors

test changing from mass storage device from pc suite from the phone when connected

check if the version of pc suite is the tested one here in the forums

wow man I'm glad i ran into you i had that problem use windows 7 xp mode it does not always come with the computer install it on if you don't have a certain cpu core (likely intels idea) my phone messed up did a Google and Microsoft bailed my ***** out let me provide you with a link after u install validation restart your browser so u can proceed

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...cked=winXpMode

Last edited by superg05; 2010-03-24 at 06:55.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
superg05: Coud you please put some punctuation marks (commas, dots, etc) in your post.

I don't understand it.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by KasperWood View Post
Hi

I have a big problem with my N900. I can't connect it to my PC. I know that I'm supposed to choose PC Suite mode on the phone, when I plugin the USB-cable. But I'm not asked about how I want to connect. Thus I'm unable to use it with PC Suite, because the phone is connected in a "incompatible mode". I have tried to contact Nokia regarding this, but they cannot give me a useful answer. I have also reinstalled PC Suite many times.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

What do I do?
The latest version of PC Suite doesn't seem to work properly. I find version 7.1.40.1 and that seems to work fine.

The point of concern here though is that the N900 is not prompting you. Is this on all machines that you connect to? I seem to have a recollecting of being able to set devices to not bother prompting but that might be me getting confused with Symbian: anyone able to enlighten on this one?

Originally Posted by Robb View Post
superg05: Coud you please put some punctuation marks (commas, dots, etc) in your post.

I don't understand it.
always one trolling *** per forum nice to me you

I have tried PC Suite version version 7.1.40.1 without any luck.

I have two laptops, both Windows XP, but I can only connect to one of them

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
always one trolling *** per forum nice to me you
itsnottrollingtoasksomeonetotrytomaketheirpostsund erstandablemostpeopleseeapostthatappearstobejustas treamofconsciousnessandmoveonitsnotclearfromyourpo stifyouareaskingforhelporofferinghelp

Understand?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Originally Posted by KasperWood View Post
I have tried PC Suite version version 7.1.40.1 without any luck.

I have two laptops, both Windows XP, but I can only connect to one of them
Hi!!! you can solve this problem?? im your situation: cannt connect my N900 with usb to my pc, i have 2 partitions, XP and windows 7 i try with both of them and have the same problem, i try to connect in all of ports USB of the Pc (front and rear) and the same result, i try to connect in other pc and works it perfercly, but in the mine nothing......only charge the battery, you solve the problem at the end??? thanks.......!!!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
ummm.. there are 2 pc suites- nokia pc suite and ovi pc suite. if you try to connect to the nokia suite it wont work. i had to change to ovi suite for n900. hope thats helpful..

i dont like ovi pc suite much but it works. and, how come i cant see my memory card in suite or in n900 except saving pics? thats just plain weird aint it??

-cheers!