Active Topics

Notices

Hi menno,

I think I have an idea what might be wrong...... could you check if you're seeing "httpss" appearing in the log?

A bug-fixing release has been uploaded to extras-devel. While porting to Harmattan, I found two bugs and I suspect one of them was the black screen issue experienced by menno.

The other bug was introduced due to the performance optimization I did... new users should see this issue when they log in for the first time, the app would not correctly load the position data and see "API return 0" error message appearing.

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-26 at 08:03.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
I get the following errors when I do that:

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install stockona
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  stockona
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 114kB of archives.
After this operation, 545kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free stockona 0.1.10 [114kB]
Fetched 114kB in 0s (188kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package stockona.
(Reading database ... 35799 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking stockona (from .../stockona_0.1.10_armel.deb) ...
Processing triggers for catorise ...
##########################################################################################
Setting up stockona (0.1.10) ...
Nokia-N900:~# run-standalone.sh /opt/stockona/bin/stockona
file:///opt/stockona/qml/stockona/main.qml:1:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed
     import QtQuick 1.0
     ^

Code:
 apt-get install qtquickcompat
fixed the error. Looks like you may be missing that dependency in your debian package.

Although I'm not sure if that is my only problem. Stockona now loads up, but I get a very sluggish user interface, sometimes freezing. CPU usage for stockona and dbus-daemon spike. Top shows:

Code:
Mem: 240532K used, 5008K free, 0K shrd, 1364K buff, 74980K cached
CPU: 73.0% usr 25.4% sys  0.0% nice  1.3% idle  0.0% io  0.1% irq  0.0% softirq
Load average: 1.54 1.41 1.21
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   RSS %MEM %CPU COMMAND
  723     1 messageb R <   2052  0.8 39.5 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --nofork
 3605  1088 user     R    38392 15.5 37.2 /opt/stockona/bin/stockona

Last edited by menno; 2011-07-26 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to menno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by menno View Post
Code:
 apt-get install qtquickcompat
fixed the error. Looks like you may be missing that dependency in your debian package.

Although I'm not sure if that is my only problem. Stockona now loads up, but I get a very sluggish user interface, sometimes freezing. CPU usage for stockona and dbus-daemon spike. Top shows:

Code:
Mem: 240532K used, 5008K free, 0K shrd, 1364K buff, 74980K cached
CPU: 73.0% usr 25.4% sys  0.0% nice  1.3% idle  0.0% io  0.1% irq  0.0% softirq
Load average: 1.54 1.41 1.21
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   RSS %MEM %CPU COMMAND
  723     1 messageb R <   2052  0.8 39.5 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --nofork
 3605  1088 user     R    38392 15.5 37.2 /opt/stockona/bin/stockona
About the dependency... yeah I should add the dependency in the debian control file. I have tried it once and remember it didn't work and I have since forgot this.

About the CPU usage, could you try increase the update interval?
The memory usage looks ok, but CPU if constantly staying at 30+ is not normal. I cannot reproduce this and feel it's a system issue. If increasing update interval doesn't help can you reboot and see if it helps?

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
The problem was it was defaulted to a 5 seconds refresh. Which didnt work too well with my 48 share portfolio.

High cpu usage meant the gui was so sluggish I struggled to bring the menu up to change the refresh interval

I set the refresh higher and now it works fine. Only thing I noticed is that the graphing doesnt work now. When I click on a time period just a thin horizontal bar is drawn.

Cheers,
Menno

The Following User Says Thank You to menno For This Useful Post:
A significant bug-fixing release (0.1.11) is pushed to extra-devel.

Bug fixes are:
1) There are various bugs in local portfolio. In particular:
- Improve delete button precision so less likely to accidentally delete portfolio/position.
- Fix a bug that make position in-deletable after creation.
- Fix a mouse focus issue that causes focus to leak to back button in position edit view.
- Add calculation of value/cost/gain/gain percentage for Yahoo positions. Please note that the "cost" you enter when creating a position is per-share cost. The app calculates the total cost for you.
2) Fix a layout issue in landscape mode when Yahoo position doesn't have daily price change.
3) Improve error message when there is no portfolio in google account.
4) Improve re-login procedure.

For the performance issue, I will try to isolate the impact on google and yahoo data processing to see which part takes more resource... the C rewrite of data processing is progressing slowly, I only got the login part done : p

Last edited by sony123; 2011-08-04 at 08:10.

Originally Posted by menno View Post
The problem was it was defaulted to a 5 seconds refresh. Which didnt work too well with my 48 share portfolio.

High cpu usage meant the gui was so sluggish I struggled to bring the menu up to change the refresh interval

I set the refresh higher and now it works fine. Only thing I noticed is that the graphing doesnt work now. When I click on a time period just a thin horizontal bar is drawn.

Cheers,
Menno
Well, to be honest Stockona isn't exactly efficient in network traffic (due to me wanting to pull many information) and data processing (due to Javascript). I will try figuring out which part of Javascript processing is more heavy than maybe re-write that in C++ first. But this is for longer term..

Hi, I am using this apps everyday and is great. The only issue for me is that it cannot plot graphs for me. Is there anything I can do?

The Following User Says Thank You to Pencil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Hi, I am using this apps everyday and is great. The only issue for me is that it cannot plot graphs for me. Is there anything I can do?
Good to know you like the app. Could you let me know the symbol you are having problem with so I can look into the issue? Thanks in advance.