Active Topics

I know sod all about the N810 and its OS, I hit the fring site, downloaded it, And it works on my N810, whats all the fuss. I best run away now...lol

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
One major advantage is that you get to see all your contacts on different systems status on one applocation itself.

So while previously I would need to fire up Skype, Yahoo, google Chat (Internet call) , Gizmo seperately to see which of my friends are online on each respective system, with Fring you can now have one app to check all contact across different protocols and chat / voice chat with them all thru one app.
Does Gizmo have this function already?

Last edited by racky; 2008-07-25 at 06:32.

Originally Posted by racky View Post
Does Gizmo have this function already?
Gizmo on the tablet at least does not support any other protoccol app (except generic SIP protocol - which Gizmo itself uses).

Gizmo on the desktop aslo did not support subscribing to Yahoo chat / MSN / Skype / GTalk etc as far as I recall.

I installed fring, worked fine, but one day I was listening to music on Media Player, started up fring and the music gone. Since that Media Player doesn't want to play my mp3s. Furthermore only Kangu can play mp3 now which is strange. Is there any way to fix it without reflashing the device? I'm abroad and have no access to a computer with an admin right.

Gizmo on the tablet at least does not support any other protoccol app (except generic SIP protocol - which Gizmo itself uses).

Gizmo on the desktop aslo did not support subscribing to Yahoo chat / MSN / Skype / GTalk etc as far as I recall.
That is not true. Open Gizmo, the first icon on the contact list, is named @Gizmo5, IM that icon and type help, just follow the direction. It works on both IT and desktop version.

http://support.gizmoproject.com/inde...d=337&nav=0,22

Last edited by racky; 2008-07-26 at 01:11.

Also on the Fring contact list - I see no way of understanding whcih contacts are from which IM system (i.e. yahoo, gmail skype etc) unless you ckick on the contact to see which system they are from .... (details are in the secondary screen).

I emailed Fring 2 times about this issue. I even sent them a modified screenshot with Skype, Yahoo, MSN, etc icons to the left of each buddy in the list.

Try opening a ticket with Fring. Like all companies, if few people complain nothing happens. We need more people to write Fring about this.

BTW, does Fring support VoIP with MSN on N8x0? I know it does on S60.

Last edited by ramkre; 2008-07-25 at 19:16.

(Is there any Skype for S60 too ? sorry can't check @work)
The only S60 certified by Skype was made by another company called iSkoot. And Skype annouces it as theirs on the 3 SkypePhones. The problem with iSkoot is that it does not use Wi-Fi, only GPRS/EDGE. So you need a data plan. If you are offline and someone calls you the call would be routed via the cellular network and you get charged. If you are in an uncovered country you get charged an International call. It's Voice over Cellular.

Last edited by ramkre; 2008-07-26 at 18:16.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
If you go to www,fring.com/download and click in the right bottom on
'version history' or 'visual list' you can see what is supported by which platform and so on.

Does fring support sms?

No SMS support in the Tablet version of Fring...