Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
when can we expect a new build?
Do you've a feature implementation overview to share with us? :-)

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
when can we expect a new build?
Do you've a feature implementation overview to share with us? :-)
Well the concrete changes for the next version are:

* Cleaned up icon
* Support for playlist folders

Possible things that may be in the next release, or the one after:

* Support for searching for playlists
* Fix audio cut off at end of files

Further in the future:

* Large player that can be popped up by tapping the small player and provides additional controls.
* Last.fm scrobbling
* Playlist creation/editing
* Bluetooth media key support
* Rockwatch integration (so playback can be controlled from a Pebble smart watch, plus the facility for any other app to control playback)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Netherlands
Great app!
Thanks for your effort!

The Following User Says Thank You to RXShorty For This Useful Post:
New version: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/harbour-c...11.armv7hl.rpm

Changes:

* Icon avoids aliasing issue on launcher
* Adds support for playlist folders
* Adds support for searching for playlists (this still needs a little polish, loading large playlists can make the UI briefly sluggish)
* Fixes audio cut off at end of songs (might not be perfect, but should be a lot better).

Hope you all enjoy it

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Hi Elleo,

thanks again for this app.

I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust the volume from outside CuteSpotify app activated or if this is more due to the OS?

Related to the upcoming features, Play Queue is really important, the most one I would say.

Bug: I have a new song in my inbox, a "1" appears in green background. But when I open the inbox I can't really see which/where this unread song is. In the desktop application, the inbox is sorted by user which I think is crap, just by date of receive is sufficient.

I'm not a programmer, can't help much, but a heavy user of Spotify for sure, on every OS.

damourti

Originally Posted by damourti View Post
Hi Elleo,

thanks again for this app.

I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust the volume from outside CuteSpotify app activated or if this is more due to the OS?
Unfortunately CuteSpotify has to manually implement volume control (which is only available when the application is in focus) until this issue is resolved: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-qmediaplayer/

Related to the upcoming features, Play Queue is really important, the most one I would say.
There will be a view of the current queue in the large player, this might not behave identically to Spotify's though.

As to priorities, basically things get done in the order that they're of interest to me, which might not always line up with your own usage. However if you'd like to sponsor a bounty on a particular issue/feature request, I'll be happy to give it higher priority .

Bug: I have a new song in my inbox, a "1" appears in green background. But when I open the inbox I can't really see which/where this unread song is. In the desktop application, the inbox is sorted by user which I think is crap, just by date of receive is sufficient.
Yeah, eventually I'll make all playlists order by the date items were added.

Glad you're enjoying what there is so far though .

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Jaca, Spain
Hi dude!!

How it's going? Thank you so much for the app, is AWESOME! but, Today I rearranged my playlists and rename some. After I went to my Jolla, opened the app and it crashes everytime, I tried uninstalling but I found that uninstalling doesn't delete the "cache" or preferences, and maybe there is the problem. How can be fixed? Or is it a bug?

Thank you!!

The Following User Says Thank You to petaqui For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petaqui View Post
Hi dude!!

How it's going? Thank you so much for the app, is AWESOME! but, Today I rearranged my playlists and rename some. After I went to my Jolla, opened the app and it crashes everytime, I tried uninstalling but I found that uninstalling doesn't delete the "cache" or preferences, and maybe there is the problem. How can be fixed? Or is it a bug?

Thank you!!
To remove the cache you'll need to delete /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-cutespotify

I'll add an option to the login screen in the next version to handle this for you.

Thanks for the details about renaming and moving playlists, I'll try that myself and see if I'm able to reproduce the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Hi Elleo,

I also would like to say a big thanks for these Application!

What I really would love is a possibility to save the position in the queue (and inside the teack) I was listening to automatically when the App is closed.

Regarding the global volume ootion. I am using a Bluetooth Stereo Headphone and it's controls work fine even if the App is out of focus.

Cheers jukey

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
Hi Elleo,

I also would like to say a big thanks for these Application!
Glad you're enjoying it

What I really would love is a possibility to save the position in the queue (and inside the teack) I was listening to automatically when the App is closed.
That sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to my ever growing to-do list .

Regarding the global volume ootion. I am using a Bluetooth Stereo Headphone and it's controls work fine even if the App is out of focus.
I suspect the headphones are handling the volume change themselves internally in that case. There is a rough implementation of support for bluetooth media keys in CuteSpotify but it isn't really working correctly on Sailfish yet.

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch